Let me start this out by confessing that I LOVE mojitos. Love them. Love them like I want to marry them one day so I cannot believe that I haven’t actually posted a recipe for one! I have made them at home, but only this week did I take it upon myself to really think about making a great mojito, not just a good one.
Mojitos are one of the most popular rum drinks out there. This is a classic mojito recipe, but I prefer to use honey simple syrup in mine, which adds another taste level to them!
7-8 leaves of fresh mint
1/2 lime cut into 5-6 wedges
2 tablespoons mint honey simple syrup or to taste I like mine sweet
7-8 large ice cubes
1 1/2 fluid ounces white rum
1/2 cup club soda
large cocktail glass
How to Make a Mojito
1. Place mint leaves and 3 lime wedges into a sturdy glass. Crush the mint and lime
to release the mint oils and lime juice. (the back of a spoon works if you don’t
have a muddler.) Add 2 more lime wedges and the honey syrup and muddle again
to release the lime juice.
2. Fill the glass almost to the top with ice.Pour the rum over the ice.Fill the glass with
3. Stir, taste, and add more honey syrup if needed.Garnish with the remaining lime
Tips & Tricks for Making Mojitos
- The secret here is the mint honey simple syrup. Oh man…does that stuff just take it over the edge. I have always had it in the back of my mind to make a honey mojito but the food muses have outdone themselves this time with that spur of the moment inspiration.
- I cannot stress it enough: the simple syrup is EASY. I am so serious here folks. It takes three ingredients and 5 minutes. Then you have a jar of mint honey simple syrup in the fridge for mojitos. I suggest doubling the recipe, I will from now on, my first batch is almost gone!
- On to the the drink. It has slightly less mint leaves than usual because of the syrup and you can adjust to taste. Usually you have around 10 leaves in the glass, but seven was great for me. You do have to make sure to muddle (which basically means squishing everything to get the juices out) and you will have to add syrup to taste.
I like mine sweet and with this syrup..oh. Such minty goodness! So you absolutely MUST make these and you MUST let me know what you think!
Love you guys more than mojitos, (most days)
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- mojito, mojitos
- 7-8 leaves of fresh mint
- 1/2 lime cut into 5-6 wedges
- 2 tablespoons mint honey simple syrup or to taste I like mine sweet
- 7-8 large ice cubes
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces white rum
- 1/2 cup club soda
- large cocktail glass
Place mint leaves and 3 lime wedges into a sturdy glass. Crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice. (the back of a spoon works if you don't have a muddler.) Add 2 more lime wedges and the honey syrup and muddle again to release the lime juice.
Fill the glass almost to the top with ice.Pour the rum over the ice.Fill the glass with club soda.
Stir, taste, and add more honey syrup if needed.Garnish with the remaining lime wedge.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.