How to Make a great Key Lime Mojito! This is a great classic cocktail recipe! This is also what happens when Karlynn and I go to the grocery store. There could be worse things, for sure, but on a recent trip I found this teensy bag of key limes and decided I absolutely HAD to make something with them. I landed on a Key Lime Mojito because they also had fresh mint so it seemed like a natural choice.
The process of getting ready to make a cocktail is a fun one. The only part where I sometimes struggle is trying to decide which glasses to use but I saw these ones sitting in our liquor cabinet and immediately figured they’d make a perfect Mojito glass. These epic looking pilsners totally fit the drink perfectly and they are damn sexy looking glasses. I don’t know if that’s an onion or a pineapple on the side of them but either way, beautiful.
How to Make a Mojito
- Add 6 mint leaves to the bottom of a glass.
- Add the 3/4 oz of simple syrup in each.
- Muddle to get the flavour out.
- Add crushed ice to the glass (half way filled)
- Combine rum, key lime juice and club soda and pour over ice.
- Garnish with mint spring and half a key lime on the rim.
Ingredients in a Mojito
- White Rum
- Approximately 8 key limes
- Club soda
- Simple syrup
- Fresh mint
Tools Needed to Make a Mojito
- One of the challenges of this recipe was to actually squeeze juice out of these tiny key limes. I used a juicer something like this. Simply cut the key limes in half and put both halves in, then squeeze the juice into a bowl first. You can then pour it into a shot glass for measurement purposes.
- I also used an ice crusher. These are handy to keep around, especially for spring / summer cocktails so if you do have one (or order one), I’ll make sure to provide plenty of recipes to make use of it.
- A wooden muddler is my favourite over a steel one as the wood doesn’t rip apart the mint like a steel one does.
PIN THIS RECIPE to your COCKTAIL RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
- 4 1/2 ounces white rum
- 3 ounces fresh key lime juice
- 9 ounces club soda
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 12 mint leaves
Add 6 mint leaves to the bottom of each glass with 3/4 oz of simple syrup in each.
Muddle to get the flavour out.
Add crushed ice to the glass (half way filled)
Combine rum, key lime juice and club soda and pour over ice.Garnish with mint spring and half a key lime on the rim.
You can add in simple syrup to taste.