A fruit platter on its own is good, but it’s so easy to really jazz it up with a sweet and delicious dip to make it a proper picnic snack. This cream cheese fruit dip is only two ingredients and works well with pretty much anything!
Table of Contents
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip (Marshmallow Dip)
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Ingredients
- How To Make Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- What To Serve With Your Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- How To Change The Flavor Profile Of Your Dip
- Pin This Recipe To Your Dessert Recipes Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Recipe
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip (Marshmallow Dip)
Cream cheese has an unfathomable number of uses in the kitchen, from savory to sweet. Cream cheese can be used to lend richness, sourness, and a beautiful thickness to all kinds of different foods, including dips.
This retro recipe for marshmallow cream cheese fruit dip is literally only two ingredients, yet it tastes like it has at least 10 and was bought from a bakery. It is rich, fatty, sweet, gooey, and incredibly addictive, so try to avoid eating it with a spoon and save it for the picnic. Or not, no judgment here.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Ingredients
Make sure you look at the recipe card at the very bottom for the exact amounts, as there are a few fiddly ingredients here.
• Container of whipped cream cheese
• Container of marshmallow crème of marshmallow fluff
How To Make Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
• Place all of the ingredients together in a large bowl
• Beat using a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy
• Refrigerate until you want to use it, and then serve with fruit and crackers
What To Serve With Your Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
This cream cheese fruit dip is, as the name implies, designed to be enjoyed with fruit.
Thanks to the sweet, fatty and rich qualities that you get by combining cream cheese and marshmallow, this dip works really well with pretty much any fruit you can think of.
Simply sweet fruits like strawberries and blueberries can work off of the richness of the cream cheese, making a beautifully elegant and decadent snack, whereas more exotic tropical fruits like pineapple and mango benefit from the contrasting sweetness from the marshmallow fluff.
You can also use some sweet crackers in place of fruits to provide a crunchy contrast to the creamy dip. Things like graham crackers or some chocolate covered biscuits work really well here – nothing too strong in savory flavor like a Ritz cracker, though, as they are usually too salty to be enjoyed with this kind of dip. (but hey, I love sweet and salty, so they might work!)
How To Change The Flavor Profile Of Your Dip
This recipe produces a simple, uncomplicated flavor that works well with pretty much anything slightly sweet or crunchy.
If you want something a little more complicated and interesting, however, you could always vary up the taste by adding some flavorings.
The addition of some vanilla extract and/or some almond extract would be great, whereas some comforting, autumnal spices like cinnamon, ginger, and cloves would make this taste like an apple pie.
Just make sure that you are pairing the flavor variation of your dip with whatever you are planning on eating it with!
Looking for some delicious savory Dip recipes? Try these out:
Pin This Recipe To Your Dessert Recipes Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Dessert, Sauces
- 2 cups
- Karlynn Johnston
- one 8 ounce container whipped cream cheese
- one 7 ounce container marshmallow creme/fluff
- Place the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the ingredients together until smooth and fluffy.
- Refrigerate until using , then serve with your favorite fruit, sweet crackers etc.
- This will last covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.