Cannoli dip is a simple sweet dip recipe that takes only the best part of a Cannoli and makes it into something you can bring with you to a party. It is fatty, rich, sweet, and just a little bit savory, making it perfect for sharing with something crunchy.
Table of Contents
This recipe for Cannoli dip will be an absolute hit at your next party. Super easy to share, super sweet without being overbearing, and, most importantly, insanely delicious.
Cannoli Dip Ingredients
Make sure you look at the recipe card at the very bottom for the exact amounts.
• Ricotta cheese
• Package of softened cream cheese or mascarpone
• Confectioners’ sugar
• Vanilla extract
• Semisweet chocolate chips
• Fruit, waffle cones, and graham crackers
How To Make Cannoli Dip
• Beat the ricotta and cream cheese together until smooth
• Add in the sugar and vanilla, and then beat together
• Taste test until it is as sweet as you like it
• Reserve 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips, and sprinkle in the remaining mixture and stir together
• Top with the reserved chocolate chips, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled and serve with broken bits of waffle cones, fruit, and graham crackers
What To Serve With Your Cannoli Dip
Cannoli dip is great when eaten with all kinds of different foods to dip in it, pretty much anything sweet goes well with this dip.
The traditional things to serve with this would be something sweet and tangy, like some acidic fruits.
For something a bit crunchier and more crumbly, those waffle cones that you buy to serve with ice cream work perfectly, even if you just break them up and scoop. But it’s the most fun to fill them for the kids as shown below!
Graham crackers are another amazing choice, as their subtle sweetness, combined with their almost imperceptibly savory crackle, makes them perfect when combined with the chocolate in the dip.
Could You Just Use Cannoli For This Recipe?
Considering this is a recipe for a dip with “Cannoli” in the name, you might be surprised to find that no actual Cannoli is used to make this.
That’s because this isn’t really a Cannoli recipe, rather that it is about taking the best part of a Cannoli (the filling) and turning it into something you can share with friends as a dip.
While Cannoli are popular the world over for their sweet and crunchy pastry shell and rich filling inside, the pastry can be a bit of a both to make, especially if you want to try and share this with friends.
If you wanted, and you happened to have a great Italian-style bakery nearby, you could get some Cannoli to serve with this and just break it up into pieces small enough to scoop the dip up with.
Looking for delicious savory Dip recipes? Try these out:
Pin This Recipe To Your Dessert Recipes Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Appetizer, Dessert
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- one 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened (mascarpone can also be used)
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- fresh fruit, broken waffle cones, graham crackers
- Beat the ricotta cheese and cream cheese together in a bowl until smooth.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla. Beat in, and taste test to see if you want to add more sugar. IF desired, beat in more powdered sugar until the right sweetness.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips aside for the topping, then stir the remaining chocolate chips in by hand through the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate chips on top as a topping.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least half an hour.
- Serve with broken waffles cones fruit, graham crackers.
- the softer the cream cheese is, the better it mixes and less lumps in the dip!
- this makes around 2 cups, one serving is 1/4 cup
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.