Nothing says “perfect winter appetizer” like a hot artichoke dip! Big bowls of dip are the perfect party accompaniment, able to provide a tasty snack at a big game party or just a good get together. Or you can just enjoy it all at once with a big bag of chips in front of the TV; regardless of how you like to enjoy it, this artichoke dip is the perfect dip to enjoy, no matter the occasion.
For something a bit heartier why not try The Best Tex-Mex 7 Layer Bean Dip? Or, for a great pairing with this meal, try my Artichoke Chicken! This recipe for Knorr spinach dip is a favourite dip as well!
Table of Contents
Hot and Cheesy Artichoke Dip
Artichoke dip definitely isn’t the first dip that most people think of when it comes to party food – after all, who even eats artichokes on a regular basis?
However, there is just something magical about combining artichoke with a big bunch of fat and cheese that makes it incredible when used to dip things in.
Regular dips like buffalo chicken and ranch are great, but nothing really ever beats artichoke dip when it comes to heartiness. This recipe combines both mayonnaise and cream cheese to offer a velvety smooth consistency and a solid base to support the mozzarella and Parmesan.
Ingredients for Artichoke Dip
- 2 cans of Artichoke hearts
- Cream cheese
- Black pepper & Garlic powder
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make Artichoke Dip
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of your ingredients and half your cheese
- Transfer to a cast iron pan or deep-dish pie plate and top with the rest of your cheese
- Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, or until it is bubbly, born, and heated through.
What to Add to Your Dip to Make It Different
The really great part about artichoke dip is how well it holds up to all kinds of different flavor additions and changes.
If you like your dips a little bit more citrusy and fresh, you could add some lemon juice or even lime juice.
If you want something a bit thicker that you can eat with a spoon, you could add some breadcrumbs and even a bit of fresh garlic to give you something chewier.
How to Store Leftover Artichoke Dip
If you accidentally made too much artichoke dip or, somehow, your guests didn’t enjoy it, you might find yourself needing to store extra artichoke dip. (I don’t see either of these circumstances ever happening, but you never know)
The best way to store this dip is to store it in the fridge in a tightly lidded container. If you keep the air off of it, it will easily keep for up to 5 days.
To reheat it, cook it in a lidded (or tented with foil) baking dish at 350 Fahrenheit for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until it is bubbling and heated through.
Tips & Tricks
- When shopping for your artichoke hearts, try and find cans that come ready-chopped. If you can’t find any, then make sure you chop them yourself after draining them of all of their slightly gross artichoke water. You do NOT want artichokes in oil!
- No one wants to bite into a solid piece of artichoke when enjoying their dip, so make sure you chop it up nice and fine to make sure that it mixes well into the entire dip.
- Remove any tough artichoke leaves, sometimes they are left on before they are canned. They are easy to find, they will feel rough and harder to the touch.
PIN THIS RECIPE to your APPETIZER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Hot and Cheesy Artichoke Dip
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- two 14 oz cans artichoke hearts chopped and drained well
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the artichokes, mayonnaise, cream cheese, black pepper, garlic powder, 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Mix until blended together completely. Taste test and add more garlic powder and salt if needed.
- Spread the dip into a 9-inch-deep dish pie plate or a 9-10 inch cast iron pan
- Sprinkle the remaining one cup mozzarella cheese on top, then sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over top of dip.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the top is bubbly and browned and the dip is heated through. If the dip is browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil then continue to bake until heated through.
- Serve hot with assorted crackers, bread crisps, etc.
- add a little spice with some red pepper flakes if desired
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.