I adore a batch of delicious chocolate chip pecan cookie bars. The Tollhouse Chocolate cookie recipe is the best basic chocolate chip cookie recipe there is to be had, bar none. They perfected the perfect base for them and it has been around forever.
My copy is from a newspaper, and either my grandma or my mom cut and taped the recipe into my huge master cook book that I have, along with an Easter Paska one as well. Obviously the two recipes I need most in life. Quite so…quite so.
Have I ever mentioned my love of cookie dough?
The key to making these chocolate chip pecan cookie bars, or any type of cookie bar, is to use a jelly roll pan (which is basically a baking sheet that has a raised edge) and grease it well. Spread the cookie mixture through the pan evenly and you will end up with a delicious cookie bar!
These are so much easier than making cookies one by one by one…..and they taste exactly the same, but you have chocolate chip pecan cookie bars instead of cookies.
Pin this to your COOKIES or DESSERTS board!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together your dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars completely.
- Add in the eggs, beating until smooth, then mix in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients, beating on medium speed until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the pecans and chocolate chips by hand.
- Take a jelly roll pan (which is basically a baking sheet that has a raised edge) and grease it well. Spread the mixture through the pan evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes- do not overbake! You want them slightly under-baked so that they are chewy.
- Remove and cool. Slice into servings.