The Grasshopper Cocktail Drink is dessert in a glass. In fact, there are few desserts that actually taste this darn good, the chocolate and mint flavour is so strong and decadent, it’s literally like drinking the best mint chocolate dessert that you can think of! Skip dessert and have this instead!
Table of Contents
How to Make the Grasshopper Drink
I’m sure you all could guess that Karlynn loved this Grasshopper drink, but I was surprised that *I* liked it as well. I’m not really a guy that likes sweet drinks – I’m more of the Old Fashioned cocktail type of guy as you know- but this? I took one sip of the one in the photo that I made for Karlynn and promptly decided that I was having one for dessert after supper. It rings in at 184 calories – and it’s well worth it instead of a slice of cake. If you really want to amp up your Grasshopper drink, add on a mint patty as a garnish and a piece of mint. We used a chocolate turtle – and it was just as good. Karlynn of course, wants mint next time.
What is in a Grasshopper Cocktail Drink?
The Grasshopper drink is a mere three ingredients ( four or five if you want to garnish) and ice. All that’s in a grasshopper is:
- Creme de Menthe
- White Creme de Cacao
- heavy cream
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- mint patty or other chocolate for garnish
Looking for Other Dessert Cocktails? Try these:
- Spiked Chocolate Iced Coffee
- Raspberry Kahlua Mudslide
- Bourbon Root Beer Ice Cream Float
- White Russian
- Eggnog Funfetti Martini
Safe drinking and Happy Cocktailing everyone! Let me know how much you like it and leave a star rating if you love the recipe!
Pin this to your Desserts or Cocktails Board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST for more great recipe ideas!
The Grasshopper Cocktail Drink
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 3/4 fluid ounce creme de menthe
- 3/4 fluid ounce white creme de cacao
- 1/4 fluid ounce heavy cream
- 1 cup ice
- Combine creme de menthe, creme de cacao, cream, and ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Cover and shake until chilled. Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- If wanted, sprinkle chocolate shavings on top and garnish with a piece of chocolate.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.