Finding new and easy ways to make chicken can be so daunting. And boring, extremely mind-numbingly booooor-ing. Just like the same chicken over and over is boring. So I wanted something new and something we hadn’t had in a while. This recipe did the trick, and actually reminded me to get my Uncle Bob’s sweet Chinese Chicken wings recipe and try that soon, those little suckers are delish!
So this simple teriyaki recipe fit the bill, it was easy and fast and of course I added in some lemon juice to help tenderize the meat a bit, used brown instead of white sugar and so on.
Simple and easy Teriyaki chicken!
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground ginger, or 1 tbs chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Combine the brown sugar and soy in a large measuring cup or bowl, I like the measuring cup because it pours so lovely when I am done.Whisk in the ginger then add in some lemon juice.
- Mince up your two cloves of garlic.
- Pierce the chicken with a fork all over,
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, and refrigerate it for a couple of hours.
- Cook at 350 for about 45 minutes, or until done.