These delectable little spicy ginger muffins whip up in no time, and your house will be smelling like Christmas in July, what could be better? These use some of my absolute favorite ingredients, molasses, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Anything that produces that amazing spicy Autumn smell in my house is a winner.
These are my daughters favourite muffins, which I find odd because she doesn’t really like anything TOO full of flavour, but these I guess are the exception. These spicy ginger muffins are basically gingerbread in a muffin cup, so no wonder she loves them!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- Cream your butter and sugar together then crack those eggs, and beat them into the butter mix.
- Add the molasses.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Curdle the milk with vinegar, then add to the butter mix, alternating with dry ingredients.
- Grease the pans and pour the batter in.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops spring back when touched.
- Serving Size: 1