These easy and delicious Spicy Ginger Muffins are sure to be a hit with the entire family! There is nothing like the smell of something gingery wafting through your house first thing in the morning.
I love a Delicious Ginger Muffin First Thing With My Coffee.
These delectable little spicy ginger muffins whip up in no time, and your house will be smelling like Christmas in July, what could be better? These use some of my absolute favorite ingredients, molasses, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Anything that produces that amazing spicy Autumn smell in my house is a winner. And with coffee? Oh man, yes please!
Freeze The Leftovers!
Muffins will keep in a closed container at room temperature for about four days, or frozen for up to two months. You could even make a double batch and stock your freezer for later!
Spicy Ginger Muffins Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Find a good quality ground ginger, it absolutely makes a difference in the end result of your baked goods.
- Try not to over bake the muffins or they will turn rubbery.
- Try to use real buttermilk as I find that simply adding vinegar to milk isn’t quite the same end result when it comes down to it.
- Follow my directions on How to Make Perfect Dome Topped Muffins. It really works!
These are my daughters favourite muffins, which I find odd because she doesn’t really like anything TOO full of flavour, but these I guess are the exception. These spicy ginger muffins are basically gingerbread in a muffin cup, so no wonder she loves them!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your Muffins or Breakfast Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cream your butter and sugar together then crack those eggs, and beat them into the butter mix.
- Add the molasses.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Curdle the milk with vinegar, then add to the butter mix, alternating with dry ingredients.
- Grease the pans and pour the batter in.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops spring back when touched.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods etc.