When it comes to preparing the eggs for your deviled eggs recipes, you’ll want to make sure they are hard boiled. To do this, you’ll cover them with water in a pot and bring them to a boil. As soon as they begin to boil, immediately remove them from the heat and let them sit in the pot for 10-12 minutes. Then drain the water and run cold water over them until they are cooled. Here’s a post we wrote on How to Make the Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs. You can also do them in the Instant Pot using our handy How to Boil Eggs in the Instant Pot guide.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 pinch paprika
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks carefully, keeping the whites intact for serving; set whites aside.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork in a small bowl.
- Stir in mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, onion, and celery; mix well. Stuff or pipe egg yolk mixture into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until serving.