These dill pickle deviled eggs combine two of my favorite things; deviled eggs and dill pickles. They are a great bite sized snack (and look great if serving to guests or family). They are also a wonderful low carb appetizer as well! And if you are looking for something different, I also have a pickled eggs recipe!
How to Make Deviled Eggs
What makes deviled eggs so popular is how easy it is to make them and how many different variations you can create. They are an amazing appetizer to serve when you have company or just to keep in the fridge for a quick snack – and are perfect for those on a low carb diet as well. You can double or triple this recipe for large events and I really would because these deviled eggs are the first thing gone at my parties! My curried deviled eggs are also popular!
Deviled Eggs Ingredients
- Dill Pickles
- Dill Pickle Brine / Juice
- Minced Dill
How to Prepare the Eggs
To prepare, simply cut your egg in half, removing the yolk and adding it to a bowl. Combine all of the ingredients together and whip. Using a piping bag (the type you use for icings) fill each half of egg white and stick a dill pickle slice in the middle. That’s it! Refrigerate after eating of course (if there’s any left!).
Tips & Tricks for Great Deviled Eggs
- Use an egg plate when serving if you have one, it makes the presentation so much better. You can often find them in antique malls or while thrifting which Karlynn and I do quite often. We have a wide variety for just these occasions!
- Boil the eggs quite a bit until quite firm, this makes it much easier to remove the yolk without making a big mess and you want a firm egg white for deviled eggs.
- Use a piping bag to insert the mixture into the egg.
- Use fresh dill if you have it available.
- Whip your mixture for a nice texture.
The dill flavoring in these is amazing and this is sure to become a repeat recipe that you make over and over again.
PIN THIS RECIPE to your APPETIZER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle brine/juice
- 3 tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly minced dill
- chopped dill pickles to top
- Boil your eggs until hard boiled.
- Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolk.
- Combine in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and whip until smooth.
- Add to a piping bag and pipe into half of an egg.
- Garnish with a dill pickle. Refrigerate until serving.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.