Nothing beats chicken and noodles for an easy, fast dinner when you are in a hurry. Not only is it easy to customize with whatever vegetables you want, but you can also adjust the flavor by using different canned soups in it. Yes, this is that classic canned soup, dinner-in-a-hurry chicken and noodles recipe that we all grew up eating!
If you are looking for more chicken recipes, try my Bisquick chicken and dumplings, or my chicken stew for two more easy meal ideas.
Chicken and Noodles
I love recipes that use up cubed chicken because you can use leftover chicken from the night before or you can grab yourself a deli chicken and whip up this dish. Now we love this dish with cubed chicken breast that I quickly fry up (or you can make Instant Pot chicken breast) but the choice is up to you.
There is a ton of sauce in this recipe so you can add in a solid 3-4 chicken breasts if you want, and you will still have tons of sauce for the meal.
Ingredients for Chicken and Noodles
This is really easy and mixes up leftovers with canned soups, some egg noodles, and spices. You can add in whatever vegetable you desire instead of the carrots and celery that you see here, it really is easy to customize!
- cooked chicken – freshly cooked, leftovers, or a deli chicken
- canned soups – you can use cream of mushroom and cream of chicken, or two of each kind, whatever you want.
- vegetables – you need the onion for flavor, but you can omit the carrots and celery and use 1-2 cups of whatever vegetables you want to add to this
- egg noodles – you can change up the noodles but the egg noodles are nice and delicate in this dish and work well. I bet the kids would love spaghetti noodles though!
- milk – skim, 2% or whole will work
- garlic, Parmesan, and black pepper . You could also add in a dash of onion powder and paprika too
- parsley – makes for a nice garnish and a subtle pop of green flavor on top
More Fast Chicken Dinner Recipes
Here are a few fast and delicious chicken dinner recipes that readers love!
- Chicken Spaghetti – no one in my family thought they would like it and it’s now a favorite they want all the time! HA! I told them they’d like it!
- Chicken and Rice casserole with cream of mushroom soup. This reminds me of my Grandma sooo much, she made it all the time for us.
- Two Ingredient Old Bay Grilled Chicken thighs! These are my go-to when I have no idea what to make for dinner. Old Bay is amazing!
- Perfect Pesto Chicken – easy and a one-pan meal!
Happy Cooking! Now, I will have a homemade, from scratch chicken and noodles coming up this fall, so watch for it!
Pin This Recipe To Your Dinner Recipes Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie
Flapper Pie and a Blue Prairie Sky
A Modern Baker’s Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts
The Prairie Table
Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Quick Chicken and Noodles
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion finely chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- one 284 milliliter can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- one 284 milliliter can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 5 cups medium egg noodles cooked al dente and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add in the onion, carrots and celery and cook until soft and translucent. Add in the garlic and saute until browned and fragrant.
- Stir in the soup and milk and whisk until combined. Bring to a low simmer. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes, then add in the Parmesan cheese and pepper. Taste, adding more Parmesan and pepper if needed.
- Stir in the noodles and chicken, then return to a simmer until the noodles and the chicken are heated.
- Remove from heat. Plate and garnish with parsley.
- You can switch up the soups to whatever flavors you prefer in this
- Cook the chicken and the noodles the night before and prep the vegetables for a really fast meal the next day
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Made this recipe?
Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie.
Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks!
Leave a Comment or Recipe Tip