This pesto chicken is a recipe I fall back on time and time again when I am just not inspired to create anything new with chicken breast. You simply take pesto from the jar (no need to fuss and make homemade pesto) toss it with potatoes and chicken, bake it and call it a day!
Sometimes we just need a really easy chicken breast recipe that’s healthy, and this fits the bill!
Table of Contents
Oooh pesto, how I love thee. Easy and healthy and fast and fresh..you are the perfect addition to the middle-of-the-week dinner for busy moms – and dads- alike. This isn’t the prettiest recipes, but it’s simple and uncomplicated, which is what we need sometimes.
You’re literally just going to toss potatoes and chicken with pesto, it’s hardly a recipe!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Perfect Pesto Chicken
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 35 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound baby red potatoes washed and cut into quarters
- 3/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- In a large bowl combine the pesto and olive oil.
- Add in the chicken breast and potatoes and toss together until they are completely coated in pesto.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken has cooked completely.
- Remove and serve.
- If you have thick chicken breasts you can cut the potatoes in half
- If you prefer whole baby potatoes, start the potatoes cooking earlier than the chicken, then add the chicken around 15 minutes in. The potatoes will take longer than the chicken to make
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.