These flavor-packed oven baked chicken leg quarters are cooked in a buttery garlic and lemon pepper sauce and are an affordable, fast, and very easy dinner!
The kids enjoyed both pieces of their favorite cuts of chicken (with chicken leg quarters you get a drumstick and a thigh which are their favorites) and it was just the right amount of meat per serving for everyone. You could make apricot chicken with these too! I already have a great selection of chicken legs and wings recipes and tons of chicken thigh recipes, so it’s fun to cook with both of them in the same dish.
Chicken Leg Quarters
Chicken leg quarters are the chicken leg and thigh still attached to each other and they bake up like a dream, each piece cooking perfectly along with the other! To be honest, chicken leg quarters rarely come to the forefront of my mind when I am looking to make dinner, but after serving these up to rave reviews from the family, I’m going to be making them more often! I definitely see a few more recipes in the future using these, grilling these is up next!
How to Bake Chicken Leg Quarters
Simple yet flavorful is the best way to cook up some chicken leg quarters for dinner. A fast and easy butter sauce with garlic, onion powder, and lemon pepper was fantastic. You should have all of those things in your cupboard at the moment and be ready to make this!
- Pat the chicken quarters dry with a paper towel and place on a baking sheet.
- Combine the sauce ingredients.
- Brush the sauce over the chicken quarters.
- Bake in the oven until they reach an internal temperature of 185 °F.
- Remove and serve.
More Oven Baked Chicken Recipes
- Salt and pepper oven baked chicken legs
- Butter roast chicken – easy and so delicious!
- Old Bay seasoned grilled chicken thighs – only two ingredients!
- Oven Fried potato chip chicken – a retro classic that is still good today!
What to Serve with Chicken Leg Quarters
Try some of these side dishes that are reader favorites!
It doesn’t get easier than this for dinner! If you don’t like the lemon pepper seasoning ( it does make it taste lemony, of course) simply omit it and use the garlic and onion powder instead, it will still be a delicious flavor!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Fast and Flavorful Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 40 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 4 chicken leg quarters
Lemon Pepper Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Pat the chicken leg quarters dry with a paper towel, then place on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the ingredients for the lemon pepper butter sauce together.
- Brush the butter sauce over each chicken quarter, covering completely.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the chicken reaches a temperature of 185 °F in the middle. If the chicken starts to brown too much on top, place a piece of tinfoil over the top lightly, and continue to bake until done.
- Cook these until 185 °F for the best meat texture.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.