Good Lord above, do I love Christmas cookies. And Christmas. And these Peppermint Kiss Chocolate Cookies because they are everything that a cookie should be! I have a sordid love affair with the combination of mint and chocolate, so these cookies are pretty tops in my books!
Chocolate Cookies with White Chocolate Peppermint Kisses on Top
This recipe is a great base for plain chocolate cookies. The dough bakes up into chocolate cookies that are soft and chewy, but also can handle additions such as chocolate chips, M&M’s and yes, a peppermint kiss on top. The way these are done right now they are perfect for Christmas, but you can add whatever you want to these – the sky is the limit.
Chocolate Cookie Baking Tips
- Make sure that you under bake these cookies, so that they are soft and chewy and don’t turn into hockey pucks. When you are baking cookies that have cocoa in them there is a much higher chance of them drying out. You have to watch them carefully and take them out when the edges start to feel solid – check around the 8-9 minute mark and see where they are.
- You can add a cup of two of chocolate chips, raisins, a cup of nuts, etc to this batter and leave the chocolate kisses off of the top to make other types of chocolate cookies.
- Make sure when you use the kisses that you press them into the middle of the cookies RIGHT AFTER you take them out of the oven! You need the kiss to melt into the cookie and then harden, which then means that the two are fuse together and the kisses will stay on top.
To store these cookies you can place them into a freezer safe container with a lid and freeze for up to 3 months. You can also prep the dough ( see my instructions in my chocolate chip cookies recipe for freezing cookie dough and cookies),
So happy baking! This is my base chocolate cookie recipe that I use it for my Rolo Cookies that are another Christmas classic, make sure to check out how to make those as well!
Pin this to your Desserts Board or Christmas Baking Board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST for more great recipe ideas!
Peppermint Kiss Chocolate Cookies, perfect chewy, fudgy chocolate cookies that are topped with a white chocolate peppermint kiss after baking.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 36 Hershey's White Chocolate Peppermint Kisses unwrapped
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together completely. Set aside.
In a large mixer bowl with your paddle attachment, beat the sugars & butter until light & fluffy.
- Add in the eggs. Beat well, then add in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture slowly and blend well.
Roll the cookie dough into a 1 inch ball.
Roll the cookie ball in the white sugar. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at least 1.5 inches apart..
Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until slightly under done.
Remove from the oven and immediately press the peppermint kisses into the top of the cookie. Let the cookies cool completely on the sheet, then store in a closed container for up to 3 days on the counter or in the freezer for up to 3 months.