These Rolo cookies have been around since the 1980’s, minimum. In fact, they were a hot product of the 80’s because my mom has been making these since I was a kid and she tended to pick up on the food trends back then and bake up a storm. In the 80’s. Don’t bother with the math, I’ll just tell you that it means I am twenty nine. Twenty nine celebrated quite a few times now.
How to Make Rolo Cookies
In all seriousness, I haven’t had them in years now, cookie trends seem to come and go and I’m a’ thinking it’s definitely time this one came back. There is so much deliciousness going on in these cookies that one can barely take it.Now we all know how much I hate ugly stuffed cookies. Ones that have lumps and bumps and look all ugly just so you can have a “stuffed” cookie.
These made me happy.
These are not ugly stuffed cookies. They are fabulous!
These Rolo cookies are a chocolate cocoa cookie dough that you wrap around an entire piece of Rolo. Then you take the ball of cookie dough and roll it around in pecans. Place it on a cookie sheet and bake away! As with all cookies, don’t over bake them or they will be hard as a rock inside!
With the caramel chocolate interior and the toasted pecan exterior, these are some seriously decadent cookies. I can’t believe I haven’t made them before this but man, did memories of my mom making these ever come flooding back!
So trust me, go back to the 80’s on a taste trip of delight with these babies!
Now If Only I Could Have My Legwarmers Back Magpie
PIN THIS RECIPE to your COOKIES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 16 minutes
- Total Time
- 26 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 24-36 Rolo candies depends on how big you make the cookies
- 1 cup of pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together completely. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl with your paddle attachment, beat the sugars & butter until light & fluffy.
- Add in the eggs. Beat well, then add in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture slowly and blend well.
- Combine pecans & remaining sugar in a small bowl..
- Wrap about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough completely around 1 Rolo candy.
- Roll the cookie ball in the pecan mixture.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at least 1.5 inches apart..
- Bake 14-16 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Cool on tray for at least 5 minutes so the Rolo inside the cookie sets a bit.
- Move to cooling rack and cook completely.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.