Where has this Parmesan Chicken Casserole been all of my life? Cheesy, saucy and the chicken bakes up in a delicious sauce under these garlic croutons and then those croutons turn into this crazy amazing cheesy mess of yum. I uh, know. That didn’t sound that good. A mess of yum? Who let’s me write about food?
How to make a PARMESAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE!
Delicious Parmesan chicken – without all of the hard work!!
Get the full recipe here: https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/parmesan-chicken-casserole/
PIN IT :https://www.pinterest.com/pin/147563325272207561/
Posted by The Kitchen Magpie on Monday, April 3, 2017
Truly, the star of this Parmesan chicken casserole is those croutons. I am in love with them. I can’t stop waxing poetic about them and the cheese and how they bake up.
Please trust me and make this as soon as you can. I’m almost sad that summer is coming and we are going to be moving away from heavy meals like this and towards lighter fare. I’m looking forward to making Parmesan chicken casserole just one more time before the hot weather is here!
Happy cooking babes!
Parmesan Chicken Casserole! Easy, delicious and perfect for those busy weekdays! You can double this perfectly!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups your favourite pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of garlic croutons
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat the bottom of 8×8 inch casserole dish with olive oil, then spread out the minced garlic.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in bottom of the dish, and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the fresh basil over the sauce, and top with one cup of mozzarella cheese, followed by half the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread the croutons on top, then top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven until the chicken is cooked, approximately 45 minutes.
- (An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chicken breast should read at least 165 degrees F.)
- If you want, remove the foil and let the top cheese brown for 10 minutes, then serve,