My next post as a Campbells’ Ambassador is an easy chicken and rice bake, one of my favorite meals ever! My favorite is the classic mushroom soup and cheese bake, but this Tex Mex one is seriously delicious as well.
This was whipped up this past week when my parents came over. I didn’t have time for a large, in charge family meal and had warned them that a simple, easy meal would be served.
This was our supper table that night. I divided up the chicken and the rice in different dishes, added a salad that I didn’t capture in the picture and of course, a nice white wine.
It was agreed that this was one delicious dish. Happily my daughter loved the chicken and cheese and even ate a few spoonfuls of the rice. This is a big step for her, the moving on to flavored rice from her usual plain butter and rice.
I’m sure you’ve noticed that I am really into simple meals lately. I am super busy not only homeschooling the kids and keeping this website up to date, but I’m really getting deep into getting my cookbook done. We are on a really weird eating schedule, to be honest. It seems that we are eating breakfast, almost entirely skipping lunch and then eating a really early dinner, like a 4 pm dinner. I’m not sure if this is a good thing, but it’s what’s going on right now.
Happy Cooking everyone! Let me know if you give this a whirl!
Love you more than chocolate,
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Bake
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 45 minutes
- Total Time
- 50 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- one 10 3/4 ounces Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 can black beans
- 3/4 cup uncooked cooked long grain white rice
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves cut in half lengthwise, if more than 7 ounces each
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded Tex Mex Cheese
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Stir the soup, picante sauce, water, corn, beans and rice in a 9x13 baking dish. Top with the chicken. Sprinkle with the paprika. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Sprinkle with the cheese. Let stand until the cheese is melted.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie
“Disclosure: I am part of the Campbell Company of Canada Ambassador
program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of
my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”