A juicy and lightly crispy chicken breast with seasonings makes this a delicious meal or topping on salads or your favorite pasta.
Table of Contents
- Pan Fried Chicken Breast
- Pan Fried Chicken Breast Ingredients
- How To Make Pan Fried Chicken Breast
- Do You Need To Brown The Butter for This Recipe?
- What To Serve With Your Pan Fried Chicken
- PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
- Pan Fried Chicken Breast Recipe
Pan Fried Chicken Breast
Chicken is a versatile meat that works in a wide range of dishes. Unfortunately, many people fear cooking chicken, worrying that they could accidentally make themselves ill by undercooking it.
Simply, overcooking chicken is not the answer to safely cooking chicken. Something that most people have learned the hard way at least once. Overcooked chicken might be safe, but it is also tough and rubbery, and rather than adding to a dish, it can negatively impact its quality.
The good news is that cooking chicken safely while retaining its delicious succulent flavor does not have to be an impossible task. The best method is to pan fry your chicken breasts.
Pan frying chicken makes it easy to keep an eye on the temperature and ensure that it is both safe and cooked to perfection. Pan frying your chicken also results in the best external texture resulting in a crisp layer that locks in all of the chicken’s natural flavor.
Pan Fried Chicken Breast Ingredients
Make sure you look at the recipe card at the very bottom for the exact amounts so that you know exactly what to buy for this recipe.
• Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
• Chicken Seasoning
• Salt & pepper
• Vegetable oil
• Salted butter
• Fresh parsley
How To Make Pan Fried Chicken Breast
• Season the chicken on both sides with chicken seasoning and salt & pepper
• Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat
• Place the chicken breasts in the oil, cooking without flipping for 5 minutes, or until browned
• Flip the chicken breasts and cook until an Instant Read thermometer reads 165 Fahrenheit
• Add your butter to the pan with the chicken, stirring the pan gently until the butter melts and browns, about 2 more minutes
• Serve sliced with the melted butter sauce drizzled over the top
Do You Need To Brown The Butter for This Recipe?
Browning the butter is both the most tricky part of this dish and the part that adds the most calories. While the brown butter does add a richness to the chicken that really kicks the dish up a notch, it is by no means a requirement.
Brown butter takes careful hands to get right. Look away for even a minute, and your brown butter can burn, leaving you with a messy pan and a charred oily liquid that you would not want to drizzle on your chicken.
The butter also adds a lot of calories to what would otherwise be a low-calorie and high-protein dish. If you are using this pan fried chicken recipe to make a low-energy weeknight meal while also watching your calories, you can easily skip the brown butter step and still have a succulent and delicious piece of chicken that will not disappoint.
On the other hand, if you are pan frying your chicken as part of a large meal, for example, with creamy pasta, the extra step of adding the brown butter is worth the extra effort.
What To Serve With Your Pan Fried Chicken
A nice thing about this pan-fried chicken recipe is that it is more of a method than a recipe. Learn this method, and you have a quick and tasty way of cooking chicken that you can then use in an endless list of dishes.
Pan fried chicken breasts work well with vegetables for a healthy protein-dense dish. Toss your favorite chopped vegetables into the pan after removing the chicken, and you have a complete dish without even dirtying an extra pan.
You can also use this pan fried chicken recipe to make a number of delicious pasta dishes like Chicken Alfredo for those nights when you feel like something a little more decadent.
Why not also try using your sliced chicken breast piece to make a warm sandwich using up ingredients that you already have in your kitchen for a healthy and satisfying lunch. All you need is some thick bread, lettuce, and tomatoes. You can also brush your leftover pan sauce onto the bread for a richer flavor.
Looking for more delicious Chicken Breast recipes? Try these out:
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Pan Fried Chicken Breast
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 14 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning
- Salt and pepper.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup salted butter cut into small pieces
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Season chicken on both sides with chicken seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, Place chicken breasts in the preheated skillet. Do not flip the breasts until the one side is browned, 5 or 6 minutes. Turn chicken.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Add your butter to pan with chicken, stir pan gently until butter melts and browns, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Serve sliced with melted butter drizzled over top, garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.