Nothing beats a fabulously flavored chicken wing as an appetizer or dinner, and these oven baked garlic Parmesan chicken wings fit the bill. These are baked up like my salt and pepper chicken wings, then you add a buttery garlic Parmesan sauce at the end.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
These wings have been a popular flavor for years now and for good reason – does anything beat the combo of garlic and Parmesan cheese? While I do love a good honey hot wing recipe and my honey sesame chicken wings are also tasty as heck, those are both sweet sauce recipes. It was time for another savory wing recipe.
These garlic Parmesan wings are also baked in the oven ( I don’t deep fry wings) and there is a trick or two to making them crispy!
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
These wings are pretty darn easy to make, and when you think of how expensive wings are in restaurants, it’s so much cheaper to make them at home! (also pretty much all of the restaurants in North America are closed right now so there’s that…..) And you don’t need a deep fryer to do it! Here’s a quick breakdown of the steps so you can see if it’s something you want to tackle:
- Pat the wings dry and dust with cornstarch.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with oil.
- Place on a baking rack that is on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until crispy and browned.
- Prepare the garlic Parmesan sauce.
- Toss the wings in the sauce.
Tips and Tricks for Crispy Chicken Wings
- The light dusting of cornstarch before you begin really helps the wings crisp up. You can also use baking soda, but I haven’t tried it and I’m not sure how that would affect the flavor, actually. It is the low carb way to make these however.
- Baking the wings on a baking rack really does help.
- If you have a convection setting on your oven, use it! The air will circulate better and make crispier wings.
Now, I still have two more pounds of wings that I defrosted yesterday, so I’ll be making something else this week. I was talking to a friend on Instagram yesterday about how we are finding all these treasures in the bottom of our freezers lol! I found a huge family pack of chicken wings that I forgot I had! Who else is digging into their freezer stash? I guess that’s one positive thing to staying at home!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Oven Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 40 minutes
- 24 pieces
- Karlynn Johnston
Crispy Chicken Wings
- 2-3 pounds bone-in chicken wings separated & tips removed
- 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-2 teaspoons coarse or flaked sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons ground black pepper
Buttery Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan plus more for serving if desired
- Caesar or Ranch dressing for dipping
How to Bake Crispy Chicken Wings
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a metal baking rack. IF you don't have a rack, you can still make these, they won't be as crispy but they will be delicious!
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel. Toss in the cornstarch until they are LIGHTLY COATED. You just want a dusting of cornstarch! Season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the wings in a large bowl and toss with the oil until coated.
- Place the wings onto the rack, making sure they don't touch, and bake until golden and crispy, about 50 minutes.
Making the Sauce
- Place the butter into a small saucepan and melt over medium high heat. Add in the garlic and sautee until browned. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the parsley and Parmesan.
- Place the the baked, hot chicken wings into a large bowl, then pour the sauce on top. Toss until the wings are completely coated in the sauce.
- If desired, sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and serve with Ranch or Caesar dressing!
- Remember that the calories are counted as if you eat ALL of the butter, but there will be sauce remaining that is not on the chicken wings.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.