Hello camping season, how I wait for you to arrive every year! The snow on May long weekend, the continuous weeks of rain, how I have missed thee.
Ok, I might have exaggerated a wee bit there. We actually didn’t get snow May long weekend – miracle or miracles!- but boy, are we getting the rain. My toes are growing webs between them.
Now you can think about my toes and read a recipe. Some days I don’t think I’m cut out for this food blogging thing. Toes and recipes don’t go together, but I can’t help myself.
My webbed toes aside, it is time for camping bars, meals and treats! The types of food we avoid all year long in my house are all of a suddenly ok when we are out at the trailer. Fun, sweet and summery treats will be coming up on the website more and more now!
I wanted to create an amazing cereal bar that had all of my favorite foods in it. Thus, Golden Graham, Oreo and Peanut butter cup bars were born.
These are as good as they look and that’s because they look awesome. Amazing. Get in my belly now fantastic. Golden Grahams are my favorite cereal ever and that’s because let’s be honest, they are dessert in a bowl. If you view them as such and not as a breakfast cereal, it’s easier to get over their crazy sugar loaded crunch and just use them in desserts instead!
I have more cereal bar concoctions coming up so stay tuned! Cinnamon Toast crunch, Krave chocolate cereal…. yep. It’s camping time!
Love you more than peanut butter cups,
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERT RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Oreo & PB Cup Golden Graham Bars
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 8 cups of Golden Graham Cereal
- 5 1/2 - 6 cups of miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup Butter extra for greasing pan
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup of chopped Oreo's
- 1 cup of mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 1/2 cups of miniature Rolos
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat the marshmallows and butter in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth. (more marshmallows make a stickier bar, so use 5 1/2 or 6 cups accordingly.(
- Remove from the microwave and stir in the vanilla.
- Let cool slightly to prevent the chocolate from melting too much and then stir in the cereal, Oreo's and the Peanut butter cups.
- Press into the bottom of a well greased 9x13 pan.
- Let set and then slice to serve!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.