This Lemon Garlic Double Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is sure to be a new family favourite. There is something sooooo right about a chicken breast stuffed with cheese, am I right?
Also, the miracles of all miracles happened, the kids ate this chicken happily, which means that it’s going into the rotation permanently.
I mean, look at that cheese, you guys. There’s nothing that I love more than melting cheese. I’m serious. I will take it over chocolate!
Melty, tangy, stringy amazing cheese.
It doesn’t get better than cheese stuffed chicken.
Well, maybe add some bacon around it but that’s coming later on!
Now of course you can make this cheese stuffed chicken with other types of cheese, if you want. I DO suggest leaving the cream cheese in there though, the tanginess is absolutely divine! You can also put garlic in the middle with the cheese, the options are almost endless!
Happy cooking guys!
Pin this recipe to your CHICKEN RECIPES BOARD and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Lemon Garlic Double Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 40 minutes
- Total Time
- 55 minutes
- Main Course
- 4 servings
- Karlynn Johnston
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 8 ounce package cream cheese, divided into 4 slices
- 4 slices of old cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives/green onions
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cooking sheet ( if desired, my cookie sheets are non-stick) with cooking spray.
- Butterfly each breast by slicing in half horizontally through the center, cutting almost but not completely through.
- Place one slice each of the old cheddar and the cream cheese in the center of each breast, top with 1 tbsp green onion and then close the top of the breast over it. Set aside.
- Pout the milk into a small shallow bowl that you can fit the chicken in.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic and Romano cheese. Carefully dip each breast first in milk, then into the breadcrumb mixture, patting lightly to firmly coat. Get a good coating!
- Try to tuck the edges under to close up the chicken breast and use a toothpick if you need to ( or three, I'm known to go crazy) to hold them together. The more you can get them closed, the less cheese you lose!
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe measuring up, then add in the lemon juice. Pour evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Salt and pepper the breasts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
More Delicious Dinner Ideas!