Honey Bunches of Oats cereal is made up of granola clusters and a bunch of delicious flakes with a bit of honey – and they make a fabulous peanut butter drop cookie!
Table of Contents
Honey Bunches of Oats Cookies
Recipes using boxed cereal have been around as long as cereal has and are usually some of the tastiest recipes. I chose to bake up the Honey Bunches of Oats cookies as they were simple, and fast and I liked the ingredients.
This is a great way to use up the last 2 cups left in a cereal box – and an excellent way to use up stale cereal for no food waste!
- You can use another flaked granola cluster cereal instead of Honey Bunches of Oats. There are many types of flaked cereals with almonds, pecans, or peanuts to try!
- As with most cookies, these are best underbaked slightly
Peanut Butter Cookies With a Twist!
These are the perfect cookie to whip up quickly for that crisp and crunchy cookie you are craving. These cookies also have peanut butter in them giving them that softness and peanut butter taste that peanut butter cookie lovers crave.
Without the peanut butter I think these would be too plain, but WITH the peanut butter – cereal cookie perfection!
How To Store
Store these in a closed container for up to 5 days at room temperature, or frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
I enjoyed the texture difference in these cookies – the peanut butter makes the cookie soft, but the chewy texture of the cereal makes them interesting – and delicious! Feel free to try different cereals for different textures and flavors!
Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal Cookies
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 8 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- 18 cookies
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup light smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Get out two baking sheets and set aside.
- Beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in the egg completely, then mix in the vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix into the butter mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the cereal until mixed throughout the dough.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges are set.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire baking racks to cool completely.
- Store in a closed container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- you can use another flaked granola cluster cereal instead of Honey Bunches
- as most cookies, these are best slightly underbaked
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.