Monster cookies are the ultimate gluten-free treat. These flourless cookies are SO DARN GOOD and easy to make that you’ll always have them in your repertoire!
I made mine with red and white M&M’s that were sent to me as a gift from M&M’s for Canada Day, and the best part about these soft baked monster cookies is that they are so flexible when it comes to changing them up!
You can add nuts ( a LOT of recipes call for peanuts), coconut ( always a good binding agent!) and any colour of M&M’s and chocolate chips that you want!
Traditionally soft baked monster cookies are made with chocolate chips and M&M’s, but I went all out with the red and white M&M’s. It seemed fitting as we are only a few days away from Canada Day!
Monster cookies are notorious for falling apart, but a little trick is to use some gluten-free cornstarch ( yes, inherently gluten-free but there is always contamination issues, make sure to look for a verified gluten-free brand).
These, of course, were demolished in no time flat! Make sure to COOL ON THE SHEETS or they will fall apart!
These are also LARGE monster cookies, this is for a batch of 18 cookies only! Huge cookie alert!
Love you more than chocolate,
How to make the BEST Monster Cookies Ever! Monster cookies are gluten free and totally delicious!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter ( no sugar added)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups Red & White M&M’s ( or normal)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips, butterscotch chips or whatever your heart desires
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until creamy. Beat in the eggs completely.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla, mix until incorporated.
- Add the baking soda, cornstarch, salt and rolled oats.
- Stir in the M&M’s and choice of chocolate chips by hand.
- Use an ice cream scoop and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. I do 6 to a large sheet!
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges are browned.
- Remove and cool on the sheets completely.
The cornstarch is my secret, gluten free ingredient that helps hold these cookies together!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. Actual nutritional numbers will vary due to cooking methods, your ingredient measurements and brands of products used.