This Dilled Creamy Cucumber Salad is the easiest summer salad that you are ever going to make! The radishes add a zippy tang to the classic creamy cucumber taste, and the dill makes it salad perfection!
Dilled Creamy Cucumber Salad
We ate this cucumber salad with New York Strip Steaks when we were camping the other weekend and it was demolished. Utterly demolished. While I love a regular cucumber salad, the addition of those radishes really makes this the best I’ve had. You need their tart heat to foil the richness of the mayo based dressing. Try this with my focaccia peasant bread for the perfect meal!
Cucumber Salad Ingredients
- Cucumbers: peeled and thinly sliced.
- Radishes: peeled and thinly sliced.
- Red Onion: thinly sliced.
Mayo Dressing ingredients
- Mayonnaise: not salad dressing. You can use low fat to cut calories.
- White vinegar: adds a tartness to cut the rich mayo. You can add this to taste.
- Sugar: use Splenda to make this low carb.
- Fresh dill: fresh really does taste the best in this salad.
- Garlic powder: this is a flavor must!
- Salt and pepper: add if needed.
How to Make this Dilled Creamy Cucumber Salad Perfectly
- Place the red onion slices into a bowl of water. Soak for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients. Adjusting the sugar to taste.
- Place the cucumbers, radishes and drained red onions into a medium-sized bowl. Mix with the salad dressing, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until chilled, then serve right away.
What to Serve with Dilled Creamy Cucumber Salad
I love to serve this dilled creamy cucumber salad with pulled pork sandwiches made from slow cooker Texas pulled pork.
It also goes really well with my spinach & cream cheese stuffed pan-fried chicken breasts recipe if you want something a little more substantial!
How Many Carbs in Cucumber Salad?
There are only 285 calories and 6g carbs per serving of this delicious dilled creamy cucumber salad! A calories watchers dream that can be made even lighter with light mayo!
How Long Will Creamy Cucumber Salad Last in the Fridge?
Once it’s stored in an airtight container, your dilled creamy cucumber salad will last for up to 3 days in the fridge. It might last a day or two longer But if it feels squishy to touch or you see any mold growing on the skin then it’s definitely bad! The mayo dressing tends to get watery as well. This is best eaten freshly made!
If you are looking for some more deliciously satisfying Salad recipes, try these:
- Egg, Almond & Spinach Salad
- Copycat Earl’s Santa Fe Salad
- Chicken, Radish and Cucumber Swiss Chard Chopped Salad
- Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Salad
- Blueberry Apple Swiss Salad with Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette
PIN THIS RECIPE to your SALAD RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Dilled Creamy Cucumber Salad
This creamy cucumber salad is our favorite way to eat fresh cucumbers! The added tangy snap of red onion & radishes is perfect with the mayo dill dressing.
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 large English cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes washed and thinly sliced ( about 10-12 radishes)
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
Creamy Dill Salad Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar more to taste if desired
- 1 tablespoon white sugar splenda
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
Place the red onion slices into a bowl of water to soak for 20 minutes.
Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients, adjusting the sugar to taste.
Place the cucumbers, radishes and drained red onions into a medium sized bowl. Mix with the salad dressing, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate until chilled, then serve right away. This can get watery if it stays in the fridge too long.
- This recipe was calculated using full fat and full calorie mayo. You can cut calories and fat by using a lower calorie mayo.
- I don't peel my cucumbers, but you can for this recipe
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.