These soft and chewy cranberry oatmeal bar cookies are perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or for snacking on at any time of the year! Not only are they absolutely scrumptious, but these oatmeal bars are also pretty healthy and super easy to make. You can even make them a week in advance so you’re super prepared for those busy mornings when you’re running out the door.
The other thing I love about these delicious snacks is they’re so easy to bake because I always tend to have the ingredients at home already – especially around the holiday season, i.e. Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have no doubt that these will become your go-to holiday breakfast bars once you try them out! They also tend to disappear throughout the day when my family is around because snacking is kind of our forte.
How Long Do Oatmeal Bars Last?
These yummy bars can be frozen for about 3 months if you want to cook a big batch. But if you’ll be using them within a few days, you can store them in the refrigerator by layering the bars between waxed paper and placing them in an airtight container. They’ll keep in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
How to Make Cranberry Oatmeal Bars
- Mix together the first 3 ingredients and cut in the butter until it’s nice and crumbly.
- Press ⅔ of the mix into a greased 9×9 inch pan.
- Pour the cranberry sauce/jelly over the bottom layer when it’s done.
- For the top crumble, add another cup of filling.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-40 minutes until browned.
- Cool completely and slice into 25 squares.
Add Some Extra Chocolate Decadence to This Snack!
You can make your cranberry oatmeal bars even more delicious by adding some white chocolate chips into the mix. They might not be as healthy, but they’re pretty darn tasty!!!
Want to Go Gluten-Free?
It’s super easy to make these bars gluten-free, just make sure to use gluten-free oats and flour. It doesn’t make any difference to how freaking delicious they are and it’s always nice to be able to cater to any gluten-free guests or family members!
You can also make homemade cranberry sauce as well and use it in the middle layer!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERT RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Cranberry Oatmeal Bars
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry sauce/jelly
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together, then take the butter and cut it in, until it's perfectly crumbly. I find that rubbing it between your palms lightly works so well.
- Firmly press 2/3 of the mix into a greased 9 inch x 9 inch pan.
- Once the bottom layer is done, pour the cranberry sauce, or jelly, on top and spread out in an even layer.
- Crumble the rest of the topping over the jelly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes until it's a lovely brown color and crisp on top.
- Cool this completely and then slice into 25 squares. It is crumbly but if you are patient and cool it for a long time, they hold together.
- Because you don't make the filling, you can use as much OR as little cranberry sauce for the filling layer as you like in these bars!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.