These double chocolate pumpkin cookies are the perfect combination of chocolate and pumpkin in a fudgy, decadent cookie. Chocolate pumpkin cookie batter and chocolate chips make this a cookie dream come true for chocolate lovers!
I did a twist on my Cranberry Pumpkin Cookies that I start making around this time of year and added cocoa and chocolate chips, turning them into a completely new – and seriously delicious- cookie recipe.
Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
These cookies are thick and fudgy and I just had to take a bite out of one and show you the chewy decadence that lies inside. The secret to this is to make sure to slightly underbake them.
Since you drop these by tablespoonful into a baking sheet and don’t flatten them, ten minutes in the oven should be all that you need. They will still be a little gooey on the top but what you end up with is amazing cookies that aren’t very cake-like and more like a brownie than anything else!
Bake these babies up and enjoy. I suspect you will have a new favorite pumpkin cookie recipe!
Chocolate Pumpkin Cookie Ingredients
The ingredients for these are the usual, with ONE exception – make sure that you use pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling in the can! If you have pumpkin pie filling that you want to use up, then try my Pumpkin Bread Pudding recipe.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Icing
- Traditional Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Bread
- White Bean and Pumpkin Chili
And that my friends, is that! Hope you enjoy them!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERT RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 16 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F
- Cream your butter and sugars together until they are combined, then beat in the egg and vanilla. Add in the pumpkin and mix thoroughly.
- Sift all your dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture into the wet and once combined, add in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until they are lovely little chocolate pumpkin cakes, just waiting to be eaten.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.