While I personally can’t eat broccoli (allergies), my husband and kids are huge fans and this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is absolutely delicious.
The nice thing about this broccoli cheese soup is that it’s quick and easy to prepare. Overall time is about 30 minutes or so and you’ll have a vehicle to get your kids to eat their veggies! Sure, the Velveeta may not be super healthy but I figure if I can get them to eat vegetables at all, I’m winning!
What’s better on a cold day (or a rainy one) than a nice hot bowl of soup? Not a whole lot I tell you. Enjoy and remember to share any pics of the soup you make on Instagram and tag me! I’d love to see how it turns out!
Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Prep Time
- 30 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 3 packs of frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 pounds Velveeta chopped into cubes.
- 1 dash of ground white pepper
- Add broth and broccoli to a large pot over medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Separately, in a frying pan, melt butter / margarine, add onions and fry for 5 mins or until soft.
- Add in flour and stir well.
- Slowly add milk and stir until thick.
- Add into pot with broccoli and stir well.
- Add Velveeta, stirring until it melts.
- Add pepper as desired.
Do not boil the soup, just heat gradually.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.