I love meatballs because they are a filling appetizer or side dish with any meal. I don’t like meatballs because they can be finicky. Thus, I have always been on the lookout for THE BEST easy homemade meatballs recipe. So if you have a stand mixer and are like me (or if you love meatballs) this is so easy to throw it all in a bowl and set it to mix! Ta-da! The BEST easy homemade meatballs recipe…because you don’t have to mix it with your hands, all you have to do is roll them after it’s mixed!
How to Make Homemade Meatballs
- Put all ingredients in large bowl. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Preheat a large skillet.
- Take a small amount, about the size of a ping pong ball and roll into a ball and put into the pan. Roll the remaining into meatballs and place in pan.
- Cook until they are well browned on all sides about 15 minutes. Once cooked make sure they have no pink remaining and are cooked through.
- Use in your current recipe or freeze them later.
Can I double this recipe?
If you want to meal prep, I would double this recipe and make a good 6 dozen for your freezer! You can even triple it if you want!
How to Freeze Meatballs
I usually freeze these meatballs for when I need a quick supper. They are so easy to freeze on a cookie sheet and then throw in a large Ziploc bag for later. I’ll pick my favourite sauce and throw these in to simmer!
- Place the formed meatballs onto a baking sheet and flash freeze them. This can take a couple of hours. You have to make sure they are frozen well so that they don’t stick together!
- When the meatballs are completely frozen, transfer them to a large sealing freezer bag and keep frozen for 3-4 months.
How To Cook The Meatballs From Frozen
There is nothing like a make-ahead meatball recipe to save you precious time during the week. This recipe makes about 60 meatballs, which means that not only is this recipe an easy homemade meatball recipe, it’s a recipe that will feed your family 2 or three times from your freezer! I say two or three times because if you made 30, you also just made lunches for the next day. BOOM. Easy meatballs recipe…for lunches..for the win.
- To cook them from frozen, simply use them in your recipe as it calls for. Since you already cooked the meatballs they are ready to go!
- Make sure that the meatballs are heated and cooked to 165 °F for safety.
Now, you will notice that I don’t have any sauces in this recipe and that’s because I just want you to have this easy homemade meatballs recipe as your base recipe. This is THE ONE. I do have a lot of saucy meatball recipes, check the following out!
More Delicious Meatball Recipes
- Try my Sweet & Sour Meatballs – this truly is the BEST recipe out there! Just use this recipe for meatballs and you are set!
- These Crock Pot Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy are a reader favourite!
- My Mom’s Porcupine Meatballs are the best!
- Want an appetizer meatball? These Grape Jelly Meatballs are it!
Happy cooking guys!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
The Best Easy Homemade Meatballs Recipe
How to make delicious homemade meatballs in a big batch that you can then freeze and use for meals later on!
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 35 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- homemade meatballs
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup powdered parmesan
- 3 tbsp dried parsley
- 4 whole fresh garlic cloves - pressed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- If you have a stand mixer to use it makes this recipe so much easier. If not use a large bowl.
- Put all ingredients in large bowl. If using a mixer, use the paddle attachment. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Get large frying pan and put in about 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in the bottom. Set to medium heat.
- Once the meat is well mixed take small amount, about the size of a ping pong ball and roll into a ball and put into the pan. Roll the remaining into meatballs and place in pan.
- When cooking them, I prefer to fully cook them until they are well browned on all sides about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked make sure they have no pink remaining and are cooked through.
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper. Place all the cooked meatballs on the baking sheet and place in the freezer for minimum 6 hours.
- Once frozen, remove the meatballs from the pans and place in ziploc bags in whatever quantity that will suit your family meals.
The amount of meatballs this makes will vary depending on the size you make
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.