Tater Tot Eggs Benedict. Holy smokes you guys, these is THE indulgent breakfast! I’m sure you know by now that we are a Tater Tot loving family, my Tater Tots Shepherd’s Pie can attest to that fact. You need to make this for Christmas morning. Easter morning. Birthday’s. You name it, it’s a special occasion food. This is food evil in its purest, completely bad for you form. Butter. Bacon. Egg Yolks. Tater Tots.
Please don’t eat this all the time, ok? Maybe once a month?
I hesitate to share this recipe with you, as it has now ruined me for any other Eggs Benedict ever again. English muffins can’t compare to a pile of crispy, starchy Tater Tots and when you top them with an egg and Hollandaise?
Use my Blender Hollandaise Sauce or you can use the Hollandaise in the recipe below. Both are amazing!
You really do have to give this one a whirl. Let me know what you think if you do!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your APPETIZER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Tater Tot Eggs Benedict
- Prep Time
- 25 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- Breakfast Meals
- Karlynn Johnston
- eggs benedict
- 1/2 bag of frozen tater tots
- 1 lb bacon- diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- hot sauce of your choice
- Bake the tater tots on a baking sheet according to package directions.
- Fry the diced bacon until cooked, drain and set aside.
- Place the egg yolks and lemon juice in a small double boiler pot. If you prefer less lemony sauce, only use 1 tbsp.
- Whisk over the hot water until the egg yolks become glossy.
- Whisk in the butter slowly, a little bit at a time, until it's thoroughly incorporated. Keep whisking or the sauce will break.
- Once the butter is added, whisk in the hot sauce and cook a minute or two more, whisking the entire time.
- To poach your eggs, use a deep frying pan filled with water or a small pot. Add in the vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Add some water to your already hot pot to bring it up to about half full. Once the water boils, break the eggs into it.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes then remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Divide equal amounts of bacon and tater tots between four plates.
- Top with a poached egg and Hollandaise.
- Serve and enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.