These Rolo pretzel bites combine Rolos and pretzels, treats amazing in their own right, into a dessert that is somehow more than the sum of its parts.
You can decorate this however you like, even making artisanal looking pretzel sandwiches that look like they come from a French confectioner.
Table of Contents
- Rolo Pretzel Bites
- Rolo Pretzel Bites Ingredients
- How to Make Rolo Pretzel Bites
- How to Make These Rolo Pretzel Bites Your Own
- How to Store Your Rolo Pretzel Bites
- Pin this to your Desserts Board or Christmas Baking Board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST for more great recipe ideas!
- Rolo Pretzel Bites Recipe
Rolo Pretzel Bites
Rolo pretzel bites combine salty crunchiness with a sweet, chewy elasticity to make an incredibly delicious party snack. For the less social among us, they also make for a great movie snack when eaten by the handful.
You can either make a simple layered option with a mini pretzel and a rolo, or you can top it however you like. Different colored M&Ms, melting candy to turn the whole thing into a solid candy, or even nuts like pecans to add a toastier, crunchy flavor to the mix.
Definitely make sure you turn these into pretzel sandwiches as well!
Rolo Pretzel Bites Ingredients
Make sure to check the recipe card down below for the precise amounts.
- Mini pretzels, ideally the square kinds
- Rolo candies
- Pecan halves
- Red & green M&Ms
- Melting candy wafers
How to Make Rolo Pretzel Bites
- Place your pretzels in a single layer on a large parchment lined cookie sheet
- Top each pretzel with a Rolo and then bake at 300 Fahrenheit for 3 to 4 minutes until the Rolo is melty
- Remove from the oven, then top with a pecan half or any preferred topping you prefer
- You can also top it with another pretzel to make a pretzel sandwich, allowing you to then drip half of them into melted candy or chocolate
- Completely cool and then store in an airtight container
How to Make These Rolo Pretzel Bites Your Own
The best part about this recipe is the sheer amount of customizability it offers. You can make a basic layered pretzel bite that is incredibly delicious all on its own, or you can make a pretzel sandwich with an extra pretzel, top it with nuts and dip it in melting candy or chocolate.
Let your imagination run wild here – sprinkles, little candy stars, or even broken up pieces of Oreos – whatever you think looks good and helps make these delicious is what you should do.
How to Store Your Rolo Pretzel Bites
If you happen to possess the self-control that most of us lack, you might be left with some Rolo pretzel bites leftover, so how should you store them?
As always, an airtight container is your friend here, especially one with a tightly sealing lid. To help preserve the crunch and crisp snap of the chocolate of the Rolo, you can easily keep these in the freezer.
Whenever you feel like a sweet, crunchy snack, eat them straight of the freezer, or you can let them defrost at room temperature.
Pin this to your Desserts Board or Christmas Baking Board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST for more great recipe ideas!
Rolo Pretzel Bites
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 36 small mini pretzels square works the best
- 36 Rolo Candies
- 36 pecan halves
- red and green M&M’s
- melting candy wafers and sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 300°F
- Place the pretzels in a single layer on a large parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place one Rolo on each pretzel.
- Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes, until the Rolo candy is melty and soft.
- Remove from the oven and press a pecan half on top of the melted Rolo, pressing it in slightly so that it squishes the Rolo and melds to it.
- You can also press a Christmas-colored candy into the middle of the melted Rolo as well.
- To make a pretzel sandwich, press another pretzel on top of the Rolo candy. You can then dip half of these sandwiches into melted candy/chocolate, and cover the chocolate with sprinkles.
- Cool on the counter completely.
- Store in an airtight container. These freeze well.
- simply change the color of the M&M’s and the sprinkles and these are great for any party!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.