Pumpkin dip has to be the most amazing, delectable and evil thing I have ever encountered. I first tried it about 2 years ago at my friend Amanda’s Halloween party, and it’s been true love ever since. It tastes like pumpkin pie filling, and you can eat it on gingersnaps, or graham wafers. This is the perfect dip for any type of fall party!
Pumpkin Dip With Cream Cheese
It is far too good for me to be trusted around it. Do not leave me in the room alone with this pumpkin dip and cookies of any sort. But wait. Will there be gingersnaps in the room as well?Guaranteed that I will never share this pumpkin dip with you. Most recipes tell you to dip graham crackers into the pumpkin dip, but I tried it with gingersnaps and I swear I ate the entire dip for dinner.
You can make this recipe lighter by using light cream cheese and adjust the sugars if needed. You can add in some more maple syrup to taste and cut out the sugars entirely. Adjust the spices to your liking as well.This is a really easy recipe to adjust to your personal liking.
You could use this in a pole cake as well, for the pudding part as well! Think chocolate cake in a 9×13 pan and then poke holes in the top…then spread this alllll over the top of the cake. Let it soak in and then serve! Chocolate cake and a pumpkin cheesecake dip sounds like heaven!
More Pumpkin Recipes
I love pumpkin and I have tons of recipes on this website, here are a couple goodies for you!
Pumpkin dip is a classic that you simply must eat this time of year. Take one for the team. Make it. And eat it for dinner!
Don’t forget to PIN THIS RECIPE to your PUMPKIN board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- 4 servings
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 package of cream cheese light works great
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Put all your ingredients in a bowl.
- Puree them together, I used a hand blender for this part, and mixed it until it was creamy. Now here is where you can customize it to your own liking: the reason my measurement of brown sugar was odd, with the extra 2 tablespoons is that I wanted it slightly sweeter. Half a cup is a starting point. Add sugar until it's what you like. You can also add another tablespoon of maple syrup as well. I wanted mine tangy, tasting more like cream cheese than actual pie filling, and this is what this recipe delivers. Sweeten it up if you want it so.
- Serve with spicy cookies or graham wafers. For kids Teddy Grahams are always a hit and the perfect size for little hands. I went straight for the ginger cookies and didn't look back.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.