There is a reason that these Peanut Butter Blossom Hershey Kiss Cookies are one of the most requested cookies in every household for the holiday season – they are pillowy soft peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss on top that are cookie perfection. You won’t believe how easy they are to make.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies with the Hershey’s Kiss on Top
These Hershey kiss cookies are probably one of the most recognizable cookies out there! You want to use the milk chocolate kisses as the flavour matches the best with these cookies but you can try other types if you want!
- First, prepare your peanut butter cookie dough according to the recipe instructions.
- Form the peanut butter cookie dough into 1-inch balls, roll in sugar and place on a parchment lined baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the edges are golden brown. The trick is to not over bake them!
- Remove the cookies from the oven and instantly press a Hershey’s kiss (unwrapped) into the middle of each cookie.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the cookie sheet or they will break.
How to Freeze Hershey Kiss Cookie Dough
This chocolate chip cookie dough is perfect for making ahead of time and freezing! Freezing chocolate chip cookie dough is incredibly easy and is a great way to save time for busy families on the go, you can pre-make a ton of dough and keep it in the freezer for when you need to use it
- Prepare the cookie dough according to the recipe instructions.
- Roll the cookie dough into pre-formed balls.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and flash freeze for an hour so that they won’t stick together when you place in the freezer safe bag.
- Place the balls into a sealed container or a bag. IF you make the dough balls they DO deteriorate in the freezer faster, I would only give them a month in there, tops.
How to Bake Peanut Butter Cookies From Frozen Cookie Dough
Now that you have the cookie dough frozen, you can bake it up any time you want!
- Remove your dough from the freezer and let defrost.
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F.
- Follow the recipe instructions below starting at step 4, rolling them in white sugar!
These are currently sitting in my freezer waiting for us at Christmas…..and I can’t stop thinking about them. These are going to be the FIRST cookie I eat when we pull out all the treats this year! Who else loves these peanut butter blossoms as much as I do?
Pin this to your COOKIES and CHRISTMAS BAKING Boards and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST for more great recipe ideas!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Classic Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
There is a reason that these Peanut Butter Blossom Hershey Kiss Cookies are one of the most requested cookies in every household for the holiday season - they are pillowy soft peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss on top that are cookie perfection!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Extra white sugar
- About 36 Hershey's® Kisses® milk chocolates unwrapped
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, beat the white sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder and then mix into the dough until completely combined.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls then roll in the additional white sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets, .
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.
- Immediately press 1 milk chocolate candy in center of each cookie.
- Let cookies sit for minutes on the baking sheets then remove from the cookie sheets to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in a closed container at room temp for up to 4 days or freeze in the container for later.
You can replace the chocolate kisses with any type of kiss that goes with peanut butter!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.