Who doesn’t love a good Classic Oatmeal Raisin Muffin?These Classic Oatmeal Raisin Muffins were a request from my smallest. The picky eater, hater of all things flavourful, you know, that kid of mine. She’s lucky she’s so adorable, because feeding her sometimes makes me pull out my hair.
While classic oatmeal raisin muffins aren’t really the most spectacular muffins flavour-wise, my favorite daughter (read: only daughter, but I’m sure if I had more, she’d still be the favorite) raised a good point in asking me to make these. The classics – while not always spectacular or worthy of a billion re-pins on Pinterest- are the bomb.
These are that type of classic. Plain, simple, Oatmeal Raisin Muffins.
They are just good. They’re not super-sweet or loaded with sugar and they have a taste that really brings me back to my own childhood, before the days when muffins all of a sudden had 10 teaspoons of sugar in each one and were actually cupcakes in disguise.
The crunch of the muffin tops with these really made me happy. I love a good muffin top (don’t even go there, I’m talking about muffins, not spare tires) that gets a fabulous crispy edge. If you bake these without liners, you’re going to get that great crisp as well.
You know what? I think bran muffins should be next. The good old kind that has a batter that sits in the fridge for a week, those ones, know what I mean?
I’m sure my mom has that recipe floating around somewhere…
Happy Baking everyone!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your BAKING RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Breakfast Meals
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour milk add a splash of vinegar to normal milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup of oatmeal rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of raisins plumped by boiling in water for a few minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or line 12 muffins tins, set aside.
- Whisk eggs, brown sugar, oil and milk together until smooth.
- Mix in the flour,oatmeal,baking powder and soda and salt until combined. Stir in the raisins until they are mixed through evenly.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven until the muffin tops are light brown and a cake tester/toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 17-20 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.