Mars Bars Squares are a classic treat that is always a hit! Melted Mars Bars, ( or if you are in the USA, use Three Musketeers or any nougat bars that are like it) combined with butter and rice Krispies make the easiest and most delicious bar ever!
How to Make Mars Bars Squares
Sometimes simple can be simply the best, and it’s nice to forget the fancy desserts and go back to the basics. Mars Bar Squares are the basics.
What could be a greater start to a recipe than melting chocolate bars with butter? I can’t think of anything to be honest.
- Melt the butter and the Mars bars together in a pot.
- When that’s done, mix the Rice Krispies in with them, then transfer to a well-greased 9×9 pan. Pat into an even layer.
- Melt the chocolate and butter for the topping, then pour it on top. Cool in the fridge briefly to set the chocolate topping then cut into pieces and serve.
Table of Contents
Mars Bars are Perfect for Parties!
These are my entire family’s go-to dessert when we are asked to bring a treat to a party, or whenever we have a family picnic!
How to Store Mars Bars Squares
Keep them in a cooler in the hot weather and they will stay perfect, and if you are at home simply store them on the counter.
For longer-term storage you can store them in the fridge, they do get a litter harder but that has never stopped us! Also, they are rarely stored that long as they tend to go quick!
Mars Bars Squares are THAT easy, you guys! It’s no wonder my Mom made these all the time when I was growing up – and she still does! Except she leaves the chocolate off the top and I keep telling her that it’s a crime against all things delicious to do that. They are good without the chocolate, but they are AMAZING with the chocolate topping.
Happy non-baking up these Mars Bars Squares!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERTS board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Mars Bars Squares
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 4 Mars Bars
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- Melt the Mars bars and butter together in a pot, then mix the Rice Krispies in with them, coating the cereal completely.
- Transfer to a well greased 9×9 or 8×8 pan.Pat into an even layer.
- Melt the chocolate and butter for the topping, stirring until smooth, then pour it on top.
- Cool in the fridge briefly to set the topping, then cut into pieces and serve.
- Store in a closed container at room temp for up to 4 days.
- If you don’t have Mars Bars, you can use Three Musketeers bars in the US!
- ACTUAL calories and nutritional information is going to depend on what chocolate bar you use! These values are just approximate!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.