Sometimes simple can be simply the best. Returning to amazing tasting but completely bad for you treats can sometimes be so soul satisfying.
Sometimes it’s nice to forget the fancies and go back to the basics. Mars Bar Squares are the basics.
Basic melt in your mouth chocolate.
Basic takes a few minutes to make!
Basic get out of bed at 1 am because you remembered they are in the kitchen. These and a glass of milk at 1 am in your kitchen makes up for any kind of day you had.
Or more like sneaking into your sisters kitchen to eat them, since I made these in her place while visiting.
What could be a greater start to a recipe than melting chocolate bars with butter? I can’t think of anything to be honest. When that’s done, mix the Rice Krispies in with them, then transfer to a well greased 9×9 pan. Melt the chocolate and butter for the topping, then pour it on top. Cool in the fridge then cut into pieces and serve.
Mars Bars Squares are THAT easy, you guys! It’s no wonder my Mom made these all the time when I was growing up – and she still does! Except she leaves the chocolate off the top and I keep telling her that it’s a crime against all things delicious to do that. They are good without the chocolate, but they are AMAZING with the chocolate topping.
Happy non-baking up these Mars Bars Squares!
- 4 Mars Bars
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Melt the Mars bars in a pot, then mix the Rice Krispies in with them, coating the cereal completely.
- Transfer to a well greased 9×9 or 8x8 pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter for the topping, stirring until smooth, then pour it on top.
- Cool in the fridge then cut into pieces and serve.