Yes, I am already thinking of baking with zucchini, thus the lemon zucchini loaf recipe in April. Please don’t judge me. We have just come out of a long winter here in Edmonton and I am done!
I’m planning the garden and dreaming of baking with zucchini!
Why I haven’t combined the two flavours before, I’ll never know, because this was an absolute HIT with the family!
LEMON ZUCCHINI LOAF!
Share and tag with a friend who has never tried these two things together before!
Recipe here: http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/lemon-zucchini-loaf/
Posted by The Kitchen Magpie on Sunday, April 2, 2017
This lemon zucchini loaf is amazing. It’s tangy, sweet, uses up zucchini ( oh, just wait until this summer when there are sooooo many to use up that you run out of ideas!) and the frosting?
So. Darn. Good!
So here is yet another idea to use up that summertime bounty! Who’s up for three (or ten) loaves of this lemon zucchini loaf this summer? Hey, gift your neighbours, they will love ya for it!
Happy Baking babes!
Love you more than chocolate,
Lemon Zucchini Loaf is a fabulous new way to use up zucchini during the summer!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp of salted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and set aside a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, beat together the zucchini, sugar, egg, and oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; then stir in the cinnamon,lemon zest. Stir the flour mixture into the zucchini mixture until just mixed in completely. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf.
- Bake 45-55 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from heat, and cool about 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack or plate.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and pour over top of the loaf.
- Let cool completely, then slice and serve.