This PF Chang’s Copycat Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is thanks to my Disneyland obsession. If you’ve been to Disneyland, then you know that there is a PF Chang’s restaurant in the Garden Walk area along with Bubba Gump’s, another of my faves! I’m pretty sure that the reason I love to travel is trying out all the different restaurants and PF Chang’s is one of my favourites to stop in at. For research purposes, of course!
It’s also thanks to my Instant Pot obsession, of which you all know about by now. This was SO easy. I literally popped it onto my counter and fried up the beef while washing dishes between stirs. Because it’s so portable, I pretty much use it anywhere I need to.
Mongolian beef is my FAVOURITE thing to order, period. It’s sweet and savoury and oh, when you pile it on a bed of steaming hot white rice?
And the best part?
Taste tested by all four of us and given a resounding FOUR thumbs up from everyone involved. Oh, thank the Lord that my daughter is finally eating all sorts of flavoured dishes. She actually loved this mongolian beef.
Now the next part of my plan is to get her to actually start eating the P.F. Changs Mongolian beef. One step at a time. The kid still loves plain rice above all else. At the age of 12. Sigh.
Now even if you haven’t eaten at PF Chang’s, trust me when I tell you that you need to include this in your dinner rotation. Give it a whirl!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your Instant Pot and Supper Ideas Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
- 1.5 lbs thinly sliced flank steak OR rouladen cut steaks the easiest!, sliced ACROSS THE GRAIN
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger or 1 tbsp freshly minced ginger
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- Press the saute button on your Instant Pot.
- Fry the beef strips in the oil until browned.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients and mix into the beef.
- Place the lid on top and seal. Press the MEAT button and cook for 10 minutes, followed by a manual release.
- Whisk together the thickening ingredients then quickly whisk into the pot. Press the saute button and cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice.