This Homemade Chocolate Pudding Recipe will have you skipping the boxed pudding mixes forever! Why buy it from the store when you can make your own with a few simple ingredients?
Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Once you try this homemade chocolate pudding recipe, I guarantee you will never use a boxed recipe again. Making chocolate pudding at home is so much easier than you think and I would almost bet money that you have the ingredients in your house already. The main switcheroo that I made in this pudding compared to most is that I used skim milk, not only because you can cut out some fat and calories (hey, why not?) BUT most people do not have whole milk in their fridge. I wanted this to be a fail-safe, always-have-the-ingredients-when-I-Have-A-Craving kind of chocolate pudding. You most likely have skim, one or two percent milk in your fridge, so I went with the least fatty to make sure this recipe still worked out.
What are the main ingredients in chocolate pudding?
All you need to make homemade chocolate pudding are:
- white sugar
That’s all and most times we have all of these ingredients in our pantry’s. This turned out perfectly. Creamy, chocolaty, it was amazing. I think that everyone should have one solid homemade chocolate pudding recipe in their repertoire and I think you should give this one a whirl. It’s a keeper.
Now those of you who follow me on Facebook or Instagram will know that I made one heck of an evil trifle yesterday, thus the reason I made homemade chocolate pudding in the first place. It’s divine, evil and amazing.I am going to write up the recipe today and then share it later tonight, so stay tuned! It’s the single best way I have found to get rid of a ton of your Halloween candy! Update: Here it is! My Leftover Halloween Candy Brownie Trifle.
If you are looking for dessert recipes try my:
- Magic Caramel Pudding Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Flapper Pie
So when is the last time you made pudding at home? Sometimes with all my concocting of recipes I forget the simple desserts, like this one, that take very little time or effort but are such a crowd-pleaser, not to mention kid-pleaser as well.
PIN this recipe to your DESSERTS and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 cups of skim milk
- 6 ounces of semi-sweet baking chocolate or any good quality chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pour the milk into a heavy, medium sized sauce pan.
Whisk in the cornstarch, salt and sugar until there are no lumps.
- Place the saucepan on medium low-heat and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring continuously. Make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the pot.
- When the mixture had thickened, add in the chocolate. Stir continuously for another 2-3 minutes, until the chocolate is completely melted in and the mixture is now a beautiful brown.
- Add in the vanilla, stir until mixed in.Place in the serving dishes and chill in the refrigerator until firmly set, around 2-3 hours.