Homemade salad dressings that are oil and acid based are SO easy to make. You usually have the ingredients in your fridge or pantry and all it takes is a shake or three and you have a bottle of homemade salad dressing!
This one combines some of my favourite flavours : orange, sesame, garlic and ginger. It’s light, delicious and I usually have all the ingredients in the fridge.
It’s also pretty darn good for you, especially when you use fresh ginger and fresh garlic.
This dressing will work on almost any type of salad that you can think of! If you think that an citrus salad dressing goes well with your salad, then this dressing works perfectly!
I used it on my Ginger Citrus Chicken Couscous Coleslaw and it is perfect!
Happy non-cooking and just shaking!
- 1/4 cup lemon
- 1/4 cup orange juice freshly squeezed (one orange will do it, and zest the skin!)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp sesame oil depends on how much you love sesame oil flavour!
- 1-2 tsp zested orange peel
- 2 cloves garlic grated on a zester ( works like a charm!)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger root or 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar or to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar with a lid, and shake until combined. This will last up to a week in the fridge, just shake it if it separates!