Flavorsome and Versatile!
I’m a big fan of Asian flavors and some Chinese takeout is always on the agenda in our house whenever I don’t feel like hitting up the kitchen! The fresh ginger, soy sauce, and garlic used in Asian cooking just make my taste-buds go NOM.
The great thing about this homemade Asian salad dressing is that it’s so easy to make and also can be used for so much more than just salad! It’s an awesome dressing for noodle salads (add it to my Fresh Thai Peanut Vegetable Noodle Bowl and I promise you will NOT regret it.
This Asian salad dressing also works excellently with leafy green salads, chopped salad, and also to add some extra pizzazz to some steamed veg. And it can be used as a marinade (Asian chicken… so delicious!), a dip for spring rolls or even egg rolls, or in an Asian inspired pasta dish!!
Asian Dressing Ingredients
- rice vinegar
- olive oil
- soy sauce
- toasted sesame oil
- powdered ginger
- fresh minced garlic
- melted honey
How to Make Homemade Asian Salad Dressing Perfectly
- First, get a lidded mason jar, place all of the ingredients inside, and shake until they’ve all combined.
- When that’s done, you’ll want to make sure you have the perfect flavour, so have a taste and then use honey to sweeten it up if you need to. If you want a more savory boost, try adding some soy.
What Kind of Oil to Use in an Asian Salad Dressing?
I use olive oil and toasted sesame oil in this recipe which also helps to slightly thicken the dressing.
How Many Carbs in Asian Dressing?
In this entire homemade Asian Salad dressing, there are 867 calories, 30g carbs, and 6g protein. But if you get 4 servings out of that, you’re looking at less than 10g of carbs per serving which isn’t bad at all!
How Long Does Asian Salad Dressing Last?
The great thing about this homemade Asian salad dressing is that it will last for weeks in the refrigerator! of course, once you’ve added it to a salad, that time bracket will significantly reduce depending on the contents of the salad, so make sure that you check!
Want some other tasty Salad options to try? Here are some of my favourites:
PIN THIS RECIPE to your SALAD RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Easy Homemade Asian Salad Dressing
How to make a fast and easy sesame oil based Asian salad dressing.
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted honey
- Place all of the ingredients in a lidded mason jar and shake until the ingredients are combined.
- Taste and then adjust the sweetness to your liking with more honey, or add some more soy for a more savory boost.
- You can adjust everything to your own tastes in this recipe, this is just a base.
- Calories and nutritional information are for the entire salad dressing.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.