This decadent tropical Hawaiian Cheesecake Fluff Dessert Salad is going to be your new favourite summertime dessert! This is perfect for and BBQ or picnic this summer. A delicious, creamy cheesecake filling is mixed with pineapple and coconut and topped with cherries and pecans – the perfect dessert salad!
Dessert Salads are the Best Summertime Treat
I associate dessert salads such as this one and my Watergate Salad as summertime fare, however I know that there are a lot of people that serve dessert salads with their winter holiday meals as well, Thanksgiving and Christmas. This one is very tropical and reminds you of palm trees and the hot summer sun…hammocks and coconut drinks…everything that is good about the hot summer months. Not that I won't make this at Christmas because – will wonders never cease – Mr Magpie actually LOVED this dessert fluff. I didn't actually make it for us, I made this to test out a new idea that I had and he ended up loving it!
Hawaiian Cheesecake Fluff Dessert Salad Video
As with all dessert salad or dessert fluff recipes, you need to make this at least 4-5 hours ahead of time and then refrigerate it. The marshmallows need time to expand and soak up the moisture from the other ingredients in the salad, which then makes everything gel together perfectly – and it becomes scoop-able.It's like a bit of Hawaiian Cheesecake without the crust! If you wanted you could also sprinkle graham crumbs on top as well!
I hope that everyone had a fabulous Canada Day yesterday and that my American readers are looking forward to the 4th of July! This would be perfect for the 4th! If you want to try other dessert salads, how about my:
Pin This Recipe to Your Desserts Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Hawaiian Cheesecake Fluff Dessert Salad
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 package 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- one 14 ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- one 20 ounces can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 20/22 ounces can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups multicolored miniature marshmallows divided
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries chopped
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, condensed milk and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add the pineapple, coconut and 1 cup marshmallows;.
- Beat together the whipping cream, vanilla and white sugar until it forms soft peaks. Fold into the pineapple mixture and place into the serving bowl of your choice.
- Sprinkle the top with the nuts, cherries and remaining marshmallows.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours - or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.