I had never, ever heard of a Harvey Wallbanger Cake before I was looking up retro cakes for my Rhinestone Cowboy party. I was intrigued on many levels but mainly because I had never tried Galliano liqueur before and this cake bases it’s boozy taste on a copious amount. We had made some Harvey Wallbangers as a punch for the party and I wanted the cake to match.
Table of Contents
Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon …
You come and go, you come and go…
Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream….
Red gold and green, red gold and green…
Well hello there friends, it’s time to head back to the 1980’s. When drinks were terrible and music was …..um….let’s not go there. Where we will go, is straight to a cocktail that is SO representative of the 1980’s.
The 80’s were a terrible, terrible time for the cocktail scene. Bartenders threw various fruit juices into glasses and splashed random liquor in them. If you do any reading, you’ll see that the 80’s was a dark, dismal time for cocktails,even though orange juice was the most popular mix. I suspect that cocaine took precedence over a good cocktail, to be honest.
The cocktail itself is ok, I am not a fan of orange juice based cocktails but it’s ok.
The Harvey Wallbanger Cake?
So good that after my party there wasn’t even a crumb left for me to photograph, so we decided it was time for a photo shoot and a video shoot as well!
If you don’t like a super boozy cake, then you can switch some of the Galliano or vodka out for more orange juice. You can tell right away this this is a boozy cake, it makes no apologies, just like a rum cake! You can also try my Kahlua mudslide cake, it’s another great one!
Which is also coming soon as I have the BEST rum cake recipe ever from an old co-worker of Mr Magpie’s!
Male sure to try the actual Harvey Wallbanger cocktail!
Happy baking babes!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERT RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Harvey Wallbanger Cake
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 50 minutes
- Total Time
- 55 minutes
- 14 servings
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 18.25 ounce package yellow cake mix
- 1 3.5 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 fluid ounces Galliano liqueur 4 shots!
- 1 fluid ounce vodka 1 shot
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 fl.ounce Galliano
- 1 fl. ounce vodka
- 1 cup powdered sugar icing sugar or AKA confectioners’ sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a standard bundt pan. ( 10 cup capacity)
- Combine all of the cake ingredients into a large bowl then beat with a mixer until smooth and thick, about two minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and cool in the pan for 5 minutes then invert onto plate.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Poke holes in the top of the cake and then pour the glaze over the still warm cake.
- Eat and enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.