Curried Chicken and Rice Soup
Here are some other great soup recipes to try:
Pin this recipe to your SOUP Recipes Board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST for more great recipe ideas!
Curried Chicken Rice Soup
Delicious chicken curry soup filled with Basmati and wild rice, with coconut and raisins. The flavor combination is great!
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon peel zest works fine
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 cups basmati rice
- 1/4 cup wild rice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut leave it out if you don't like coconut
- 6-8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts to top
- chopped cilantro to top
Combine all of the ingredients except for the cooked chicken in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat, cover and simmer on low for 25-30 minutes, until the rice is done.
Add in the shredded chicken and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and garnish with peanuts, coconut and cilantro if desired.
- Use 8 cups of broth if you want the soup less thick
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.