Curried Chicken and Rice Soup
Here are some other great soup recipes to try:
Pin this recipe to your SOUP Recipes Board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST for more great recipe ideas!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Curried Chicken Rice Soup
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel zest works fine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 cups basmati rice
- 1/4 cup wild rice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut leave it out if you don't like coconut
- 6-8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts to top
- chopped cilantro to top
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the cooked chicken in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer on low for 25-30 minutes, until the rice is done.
- Add in the shredded chicken and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and garnish with peanuts, coconut and cilantro if desired.
- Use 8 cups of broth if you want the soup less thick
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.