I wanted these to be brownies, I really did. They are not. These are chocolate zucchini cupcakes. They are cakey and tasty, but not thick, gooey brownies. I knew right away when I saw how the batter turned out. I am still in search of the ultimate brownie recipe, and a girl at work just told me that she has one, and it uses shortening. Oh my gawd. Shortening. Not sure if I can venture into that evil area of baking.
I digress. These did not turn out as brownies, but they were tasty little cupcakes. And to be honest, most seasons we NEED a vast repertoire of zucchini recipes, so I will add this one.
They would be very good with melted chocolate drizzled on top, (but really, what ISN’T good with melted chocolate on top?) and would be fantastic with some vanilla or chocolate icing! And then again, what isn’t fantastic covered in chocolate icing? I would eat a boar’s hoof if you put enough chocolate on it.
Serve plain, or with icing, or you can put the mini chocolate zucchini cupcakes in a mini mountain and drizzle melted chocolate chips on them. I would serve these like this at a party, with toothpicks for guests to pick one off the stack with. These make GREAT large cupcakes as well!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Shred your zucchini.
- Mix your oil, vanilla and sugar together.
- Add in the zucchini and mix.
- Put all your dry ingredients together and whisk them up!
- Add in your chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Grease and flour your muffin tins.
- Fill them no more than 2/3â€²s and bake at 350 until the tops spring back when touched, about 8-10 minutes for mini muffing, 15-20 for larger tins.
- Serve plain, or with icing, or you can put the mini muffins in a mini mountain and drizzle melted chocolate chips on them. I would serve these like this at a party, with toothpicks for guests to pick one off the stack with.
- Serving Size: 12
Other Recipes to Try: