This chocolate avocado bundt cake is NOT vegan. There, let’s just get that out of the way to start with. This chocolate avocado bundt cake came about because I had too many avocado’s become ripe all at the same time.
Chocolate Avocado Cake
This avocado cake recipe also came about because most recipes for chocolate avocado cake use one avocado.ONE AVOCADO. Don’t make me laugh, people. Who lives in the crazy type of world where you only have ONE avocado that’s too ripe for guacamole at one time? It’s like my nemesis, bananas. I have four or five that are too ripe all at the same time.
Those fancy people with their one overripe avocado. They can have those other cakes, I’ll take this one anytime!
So I had to come up with a recipe that used at least three avocados or let’s face it, what’s the point?
This recipe works the best with those avocados that are too soft for guacamole. The ones that you might have to scoop out a couple of browned bits inside perhaps – but not rotten, there’s that fine point here.
Let’s face it, avocados are freaking expensive. I hate throwing them out and this cake is the perfect way to save the ones that are juuuust at the edge of being too far gone, but still ok to eat. The softer they are, the better the avocado will blend into this cake.
This chocolate avocado bundt cake is seriously amazeballs. It’s not vegan, so you have the best of all worlds here. Eggs for richness, butter because, well BUTTER and avocados that make it moist as all get out.
The kids thought it was hilarious that the cake had avocados in it. I was just glad to not throw out three avocado’s. I was pretty busy patting myself on the back for that one.
I actually sent the other half of this cake home to my neighbor’s house and they loved it. Their kids had no idea that there was avocado in it and they all thought it was a fabulous cake. So it went through another family taste-testing it as well, to rave reviews. It’s a keeper!
Happy baking babes! Make sure to frost this with my Chocolate Buttercream Frosting!
Love you more than chocolate,
Pin this to your Desserts Board or Christmas Baking Board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST for more great recipe ideas!
Chocolate Avocado Bundt Cake
This chocolate avocado bundt cake is so moist, so decadent and the perfect way to use up ripe avocados!
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour 25 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- avocado cake
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa sifted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 large ripe avocados scooped out & mashed thoroughly
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Place the rack in your oven to the second lowest position and pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-12 cup capacity bundt pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl attached to a stand mixer. Whisk together.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until smooth. ( make sure you mashed that avocado up!).
- Mix into the dry ingredients, then beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until the batter is smooth.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and cool in pan for 20 minutes then invert onto serving platter.
- Cool completely, then frost with chocolate icing.
This cake can take a while to bake! It's a moist, dense cake so it might take longer than 70 minutes as bundt cakes are wont to do!
Nutritional values will vary depending on the products used.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.