I love a good, quick and easily customizable casserole recipe. This latest recipe from my stint as a Campbell’s ambassador is exactly that. I customized it for the tastes of my family easily and it turned out fabulously delicious.
I upped the spinach and the cheese on top, nixed the breadcrumbs because my kids don’t like the texture and it turned out to be a super cheesy, vegetable filled casserole.
I love how my kids think that a cheesy, gooey shot of the casserole is THE BEST PHOTO ever. My daughter was my helper shooting the photos (I swear she’s going to be a photographer and cook, she’s turned into my little shadow lately) and she insisted that a cheesy shot was the best.
She’s most likely right.
I think that my favorite part of this whole casserole is the spinach. I absolutely adore spinach in hot dishes, yet it’s probably my least favorite green to eat in a salad raw, unless I have a super fancy dressing and other things to hide it.
So again, another winner from Campbell’s! I have another delicious one coming right up, so just wait for it!
- 2 mL cans CAMPBELL'SÂ® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup 568
- 3 cups roasted chicken shredded 750 mL
- 1.25 cups milk 310 mL
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated 125 mL
- 1 tsp onion powder 5 mL
- 1 tsp garlic powder 5 mL
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning 5 mL
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced thin 170g
- 1 cup fresh spinach loosely packed 250 mL
- 4 cups hot cooked penne 1 L about Â½ of a 1lb package
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs 60 mL
- 1/4 cup mozzarella grated 60 mL
- Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs and mozzarella in a large bowl and mix well. Transfer to a 3 liter casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and mozzarella and sprinkle evenly over dish. Transfer to a pre-heated oven and bake for 20 minutes at 375Â°F (190Â°C) or until casserole is bubbling and topping is browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
“Disclosure: I am part of the Campbell Company of Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”0