My Cheesy Italian Beef Breakfast Skillet is perfect for meat lovers!
First things first. In order to make this amazing Cheesy Italian Beef Breakfast Skillet, you must have made a roast beef the evening beforehand. I know, it’s going to be a hardship to do so, but you are going to have to take one for the team here. I guess you could cook a roast beef overnight in your crockpot and then eat it in the morning – hey man, I am not judging anyone, this Alberta girl loves her red meat – and use it in this skillet. That would work as well, especially if you are cooking for a crowd. This skillet was actually just my way of using up some leftover beef from Sunday dinner.
I had leftover beef one Monday morning and well, it was a Monday. Since Mike and I work at home we are able to have a nice brunch every so often and that day happened to be it. To be honest, people probably assume that we are eating all sorts of amazing food all the time.
Truth be told, we usually skip breakfast, have two coffees and don’t look up from our work until noon. No word of a lie.
Glamorous life, isn’t it?
Once in a while I like to remind myself that I can cook a nice brunch and take the time to treat myself. This was one of those brunches. I used up some baby potatoes that I had in the pantry, some peppers. onions and mushrooms that were in the fridge and mozza.
Always mozza. Real mozzarella that comes in a glorious ball of cheese deliciousness.
So next time you are looking to use up your leftover roast beef, make this skillet, for breakfast OR supper! This would make a great supper the next day!
For some other great skillet meals check these recipes out:
Pin this recipe to your Breakfast or Suppers Board!
- 2 lbs of mini potatoes boiled until fork tender and then sliced into bite size
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1-2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1-2 cups of leftover beef
- soft Mozza cheese sliced into circles
- Parmesan cheese to sprinkle
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, fry the potatoes in the olive oil to crisp them up for around 5 minutes. Add in the peppers, onions and seasoning, fry until the onions are soft.
- Stir in the beef and then fry until completely warmed through.
- Top with mozza circles and fresh parsley. Cover with a lid to melt the cheese, then serve.