This Sloppy Joe Mac & Cheese Skillet is one of my favourite new meals to make! I am ALL about skillet meals this past year. Give me all of the meals in one pot, please and I'll be one happy Mama. This Sloppy Joe Mac & Cheese Skillet is one of my favourite new meals to make, and it will absolutely be making a reappearance (or five) this winter. I riffed off of my Best Sloppy Joes Recipe and turned it into an all-in-one meal. Macaroni instead of buns and while yes, buns have their place, I don't always have them in the house.
However I DID realize that I always have the ingredients for a Sloppy Joe Mac & Cheese Skillet in the house, minus the green pepper. That means that YOU most likely will always have the ingredients on hand for this easy supper! That's a win for all of us!
You guys, this is one of my favourite new recipes of 2017 so far. It's up there with my Cheesy Chili Mac Skillet and my Slow Cooker Calico Beans. Those were two of the biggest hits with my family this year. My skillet mac and cheese is also a family favorite so obviously my family loves pasta, cheese and meat, so it was natural to make a sloppy joe mac and cheese skillet. It had to happen. It combined two of my family's favourite recipes into one skillet dish.
The best part is that the sloppy joe mac and cheese will freeze like a boss. If you want, you can place it into a casserole dish, cover, and freeze for later. It will defrost and warm up beautifully.
Do you know someone with a new baby?
This would be a perfect meal to make for a new mama. Kids love it and it's complete comfort food.
So put this on your regular meal rotation. Make a double batch if you can in a large pot and then freeze half for a later meal. This is the ultimate comfort food in one skillet!
Happy cooking! As per usual, always follow the RECIPE, and don't rely on the video for it! The video is always just a quick visual recipe tour!
PIN this recipe to your DINNER IDEAS board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Sloppy Joe Mac & Cheese Skillet
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Total Time
- 35 minutes
- Main Course
- 6 servings
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced OR 1 1/3 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 whole green pepper finely chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce or a 15-16 oz can
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt - or to taste if you like saltier
- white sugar - to taste
- 2 1/4 cups of water
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni
- 2-3 cups of shredded mozza cheese
- parsley to garnish
- Place ground beef in the bottom of a large, deep skillet.
- Fry until brown, drain most of the grease then add the onions.
- Saute the onions and green pepper until soft, then add in the garlic.
- Saute for 2 minutes, then add in the rest of the ingredients. Cover and reduce the heat to low, simmering for 15-20 minutes to cook the pasta. Stir every few minutes to ensure that the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom. If needed, add more water to cook the pasta to desired tenderness.
- Once the pasta is done, top with cheese and place lid on top. Let sit for 5-6 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.