It is almost a crime to host a game day watch party without some kind of party dip. This buffalo chicken dip is cheesy, meaty, and spicy and is guaranteed to be the best part of any watch party you host (someday soon we hope!)
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo chicken dip is a pretty standard party dip, so it has a few necessary criteria to be considered amazing. It has to be creamy, spicy, and have more calories than you could possibly imagine.
This recipe ticks all of those boxes, mixing together ranch dressing, sour cream, and the all-important buffalo sauce with plenty of shredded with chicken for a rich, savory dip.
Make sure you get some high-quality bread to go along with this dip – French bread is ideal, but something like Ritz crackers or some Mexican tortilla chips can also be really good here.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is just a quick list for you to check if you have the ingredients, the actual amounts are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Shredded chicken (get a rotisserie chicken for the best flavor!)
- Cream cheese
- Buffalo sauce
- Sour cream
- Ranch dressing
- Green onions
- Lots of cheese – Monterey Jack, sharp Cheddar, and some crumbly blue cheese
- Any kind of bread – French bread would be great, or just some crackers or chips
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- In a large bowl, mix together all of your ingredients except for the cheese
- Give it a taste and decide if you want more hot sauce or ranch
- Once it tastes how you like it, add in half of your cheese and stir to combine
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with the other half of the cheese and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 Fahrenheit.
How to Store Leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip
It isn’t likely to happen, but it is possible that you might have some leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip. Maybe you overestimated how many people would turn up, or maybe half your friends can’t eat dairy. (you know who you are LOL!)
Regardless of how it happened, if you’ve got some Buffalo Chicken Dip after the party is over, you need to store it.
With this dip, it is really easy; simply keep it wrapped up tight in the fridge. A tightly sealed container with a lid is great for this.
You can then reheat it, or just eat it cold.
To reheat some cold Buffalo Chicken Dip, transfer it to a small baking dish that you can either keep a lid on or wrap it in foil, and then heat at 350 Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes, or until heated through and bubbling again.
A Low Carb Dip
This is also low carb and perfect to eat with celery sticks or homemade low carb crackers!
Tips & Tricks
One great tip when making this is to be careful about the salt content. When you are mixing it together to be baked, it can be tempting to add more salt to the mixture, considering how much cream cheese and sour cream you’ve added.
However, you need to remember that you are going to be dipping some salty crackers or bread into the dip. So, when you taste your Buffalo Chicken Dip, try it with whatever you are planning to serve it with so that you get the salt content right.
This is also SO easy to adjust the heat of, if you want it spicier, then add more hot sauce!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your APPETIZERS Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken rotisserie is the best for flavor!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce start with 1/2 cup then add to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing to taste
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese topping
- French bread baguette slices, crackers, chips, celery ribs or tortilla chip for serving!
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the rotisserie chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, sour cream, ranch, and minced green onions. Mix, and taste test to see if you want to add more hot sauce or Ranch at this time. Mix in 1/2 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a small oven safe baking pan or pie plate/skillet/baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup Monterey cheese and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until warm and bubbly, around 20 minutes.
- Serve warm for the best results.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.